Error 1603 - Error installation [MOVED]

Go to solution Solved by Nikolay Arinchev,

Hello, I try to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud 11.1 on a computer but i got this error message : Error: General Windows Installer engine error. Increase disk space requirement in Setup.ini and try again. Code : 1603 I had one issue on a local computer and i had to re-install the computer from factory. But this one, i cannot do that, I already update .Net Framework to 4.7.2, check the "windows installer" service, clean windows with "cleamgr" but i have still the same issue. Any help ? //Mod Note: moved to proper section.

Hi, Pease use kavremover utility to crean KES remains from previous installation, download new installation package (https://support.kaspersky.com/kes11#downloads) and launch installation once again. If the installation fail again please provide us with GSI log from that host.
That's a little bit of a tall order when using KES 11 across 500 PCs scattered across the country. I downloaded KES 11.1.1.126 from support.kaspersky.com and created my installer through KSC 11 on 6/4. Have there been updates to this version 6/4/19? support.kaspersky.com still shows the current version as 11.1.1.126 with a release date of 6/34/19.

Hello, After consulting the log file "kl-install-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.log", i found out that the previous antivirus was not uninstall completely, i had to remove manually all traces of the previous antivirus in the Regedit. After removing everything, the installation was successful. I also had the same issue on a brand new computer, after uninstalling the default antivirus apps, the installation was successful. Honestly, you should personalize the error message that the software shows because it's mislead everything troubleshooting steps ! tjm65437 Did you check your log file ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Same issue here i can’t find out what’s the problem.

Windows Installer engine error. Increase disk space requirement in Setup.ini and try again. cod 1603 there will be some solution.

Tryin to install:

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows (11.2.0) (11.2.0.2254).exe
Downloaded from the cloud portal.

Trying to install on Windows server 2012r2 (Already used the removal tool)

Don’t know if there were other antivirus installed

i  had same problems and i follow same steps and its work in my work station but on the server doesn't work and i have 4 servers i tried in 2 servers till now: windows server 2008 and server 2012

what i should do to fix the problems 
when i tried install the program manually it installation disappear : 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys, i have the same problem. KSC 12 and the problem is by the new 11.4 KES

If i want to install the 11.4 at some clients, i get the 1603 error. If i want to deinstall it, i get an other error, that no client is installed. but the client is installed, but the services are don’t started.

If i want to install a new one, it says, that the KES is installed. 

I don’t now what i can do anymore. :-/

clients are running with Windows 10 

edit:

ok on one client i get a soluton. with the kavremvr.exe i deinstall the 11.4 client. 

on an other client this way doesn’t works, because he don’t accept the admin password. :-/ 

If there any standard KLAdmin password which i can test for it?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Buenas.

He intentado reinstalara el programa Kaspersky 11.3 en 4 Pc’s diferentes y en todos me ha salido el mismo el error, he seguido todas las opciones pospuestas en el foro, pero con ninguna he llegado a la solución, siempre que lo intento reinstalar, desinstalo y reinicio el equipo, agradecería si me dan una solución.

Muchas gracias.

Buenas.

He intentado reinstalara el programa Kaspersky 11.3 en 4 Pc’s diferentes y en todos me ha salido el mismo el error, he seguido todas las opciones pospuestas en el foro, pero con ninguna he llegado a la solución, siempre que lo intento reinstalar, desinstalo y reinicio el equipo, agradecería si me dan una solución.

Muchas gracias.

(google translator) Haga su pregunta en inglés o comuníquese con el foro en español:

https://community.kaspersky.com/b2b-forum-para-usuarios-hispanohablantes-71

Saludos
Alex