Encrypted SNI (ESNI) Kaspersky Support

Nanoni564

Hello,

There is already a thread in Russian about this:

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-anti-virus-20/ssl-error-missing-esni-extension-6342

Could we have some information when and if this feature will be supported by Kaspersky products?

Right now when enabled it throw an error “SSL_ERROR_MISSING_ESNI_EXTENSION”.  I understand it mess with how Kaspersky handle https traffic analysis and that we can disable traffic analysis. But the reason we use Kaspersky is precisely to have traffic analysis against malware and stuff like that but we’d also like to use ESNI to keep web browsing private.

Thank you

Hello,

According to my information the issue should be checked in 2021 MR1 version. The most probably the issue should be fixed there.

I didn’t try KIS 21 as it is still is in beta version and I don’t want to compromise my pc security. As long as it works for future finale release I will be happy.

Today Kaspersky products version 21 released. There are a links to the official online installers which install the latest version of KIS/KAV:

Kaspersky Internet Security [21.1.15.500.0.255.0]

Kaspersky Anti-Virus [21.1.15.500.0.255.0]

So you can download and try it.

I checked your links and they look valid but sorry I will a bit more to download and have links I’m 100% confident with. It should be listed pretty soon on the main site if they released it today.

Also I’m using a localized version so probably won’t be available right away for me, so don’t expect me to test it until they release it for my region :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I tried to install KIS 21. Downloaded it, warned me that I had an incompatible software (Malwarebytes) I know it’s not really incompatible (free version is not a resident software) but hey I’m obedient. Anyway Kis installer tried to uninstall it twice by rebbooting, could not do it. Uninstalled it myself, started Kis 21 installer again, install went ok rebooted yet another time and guess what now it says my license is not valid because activated too many time, good joke (I just updated from kis 20 to kis 21 so it’s even more dumb). Good work Kaspersky, I’ve contacted support.

• 3 years later...

Hello

it's still the same issue.
If we activate the analysis of encrypted connections enabled in thunderbird and firefox then the secure SNI or encrypted client hello (in firefox)does not work.
For three years the problem has not been resolved???

Edited by Aisa