Duplicate password

I just generated a 16 digit password with uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters and saved it for a website. To my surprise, the password is the same as one I already had saved in another account I created at least a year ago.

The chances of me generating a duplicate 16-digit password are practically a mathematical impossibility, 1 in 200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

There may be a problem with generating passwords, with the cache or etc. (I'm not an expert on the subject), because the chance of this happening naturally is absurdly minimal.

That said, I would like some help from the community and the company's technicians to resolve this question.

Thank you, and I look forward to your response. 
Ps. The ss is in pt-br.

image.thumb.png.a29d9f04ddddcd6d57e388eb9240c117.png

1 hour ago, Válbio Rocha said:

I just generated a 16 digit password with uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters and saved it for a website. To my surprise, the password is the same as one I already had saved in another account I created at least a year ago.

The chances of me generating a duplicate 16-digit password are practically a mathematical impossibility, 1 in 200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

There may be a problem with generating passwords, with the cache or etc. (I'm not an expert on the subject), because the chance of this happening naturally is absurdly minimal.

That said, I would like some help from the community and the company's technicians to resolve this question.

Hello @Válbio Rocha

Welcome!

• Irrespective of the odds  - it appears to have happened. 
  • Due to strict privacy rules, the Community cannot analyse any data or logs from the software, Kaspersky Support can. 
  • Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you: 

image.thumb.png.010d3190fa5fef654213042e157e49f8.png

• *Also* change the password - on one of the sites, to remedy the duplication*

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Like 1