Does this work with another AV?

I am planning to use Sophos AV along with KSK for parental control (MacOs).  Will this combo work?  I notice there is no option for a free trial of KSK only.  I can only trial the premium plan which includes KSK.  Can someone give me a link to a free trial of KSK only?

thanks.

Edited by simon42

3 hours ago, simon42 said:
  • I am planning to use Sophos AV along with KSK for parental control (MacOs). 
  1. Will this combo work? 
  2. I notice there is no option for a free trial of KSK only. Can someone give me a link to a free trial of KSK only?
  • I can only trial the premium plan which includes KSK. 

Hello @simon42

Welcome!

1. We have no idea, we've used *other* AV's with KSK on our macOS 14, not Sophos; also for *Windows* - not macOs - Kaspersky have documented: Other compatible anti-virus applications, Incompatible anti-virus applications - (ioo) if there was a *known/significant* conflict it would've been documented. 
  2. Support are looking into it, according to the documentation there's a Free version: Kaspersky Safe Kids for Mac, Compare free and premium versions of the application; IF it turns out there's no Trial OR Free version - KSK Premium standalone versionhttps://www.kaspersky.com/safe-kids/mac# - has a 30-day money-back guarantee - which may be an option? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks for the reply.  I suppose I can do it that way (with the 30-day money back guarantee).  It's just annoying because if it won't work with Sophos it's no good to me, and with a money-back guarantee I have to carefully read the T&Cs, instead of just installing the trial and checking it works.  I still haven't figured out how to install the 'free' version of KSK, apparently there is some free version with limited features (according to some reviews), but I created an account and can't see any option to download software without a subscription.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, simon42 said:

Thanks for the reply.  I suppose I can do it that way (with the 30-day money back guarantee).  It's just annoying because if it won't work with Sophos it's no good to me, and with a money-back guarantee I have to carefully read the T&Cs, instead of just installing the trial and checking it works.  I still haven't figured out how to install the 'free' version of KSK, apparently there is some free version with limited features (according to some reviews), but I created an account and can't see any option to download software without a subscription.

Hello @simon42

You're most welcome!

We reached out to support: 

= Support are looking into it, according to the documentation there's a Free version: Kaspersky Safe Kids for Mac, Compare free and premium versions of the application

*When* there's an answer we'll update this topic. 

IF (you're) in a rush then KSK Premium with the 30-day money-back guarantee is an option & reading T&C should be done irrespective of Free/Trial OR paid. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

On 6/29/2024 at 9:17 AM, simon42 said:

I am planning to use Sophos AV along with KSK for parental control (macOs). 

Will this combo work? 

I notice there is no option for a free trial of KSK only. 

I can only trial the premium plan which includes KSK. 

Can someone give me a link to a free trial of KSK only?

Hello @simon42

Update, *partial* answer from experts:

• The installation file is the same for Free or Premium versions: to use free KSK: download KSK, install, sign in to My Kaspersky account with no Safe Kids license.

As for KSK Premium Trial/macOS, case is back with HQ - pending, will update here when there's info 😣

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋