Does Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection Triggers Unusual Sign Activity on email accounts?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi. I have received unusual sign in activity notifications from my microsoft outlook account that my account has been accessed in Germany, Sweden & Ukraine . Would the kapersky secure connection VPN trigger these security warnings? Does it route through these locations?

I have occasionally agreed to the kapersky secure connection 300MB VPN free trial which comes up as a “pop up” in chrome but i am unsure whether these dates coincide with the dates shown as unusual activity on my outlook account?

Please clarify if the VPN would trigger these warnings?

Thanks

• Solution

Hello @EHD,

Welcome!

• Kaspersky Secure Connection does use remote virtual servers in Germany, Sweden & Ukraine. 
  • (Your) Microsoft account, when initially configured, has a location, if you’ve signed into the MS account, with the VPN active, in any of the remote virtual locations you’ve specified, such activity notifications would be normal, bc, MS expects, your account activity to be in, for example, Brazil, yet the sign-in locations “appear” to be coming from Germany, Sweden & or Ukraine, simply bc, by using the VPN, the traffic is being routed via one of those destinations. However, if you’re unsure: (1) change the MS account password, (2) test the issue, use the VPN, monitor MS account activity notifications. 
  • KSC-VPN Free automatically selects the remote virtual server, from the 24 available:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳