Do I have to pay to convert my Total Security subscription to Kaspersky Plus?

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

I have a subscription to Kaspersky Total Security that will last another 847 days, but Total Security is obsolete. I was looking for a way to convert the subscription to one for Kaspersky Plus, but after following the "Check Eligibility" link, it showed this conundrum.

First, it said the following:

We’re improving things at Kaspersky. This means your previous plan is no longer available. It also means you have access to an upgraded plan offering better security at no extra cost.

However, just below that, it shows this.

KasperskyEligibility.thumb.jpg.4ab4fca4c0e0404a7ae7beecb75da24c.jpg

So, would I be forced to pay to get Kaspersky Plus and just have to dump my previous subscription? Because that would be a ridiculous waste of what I paid for earlier, which I wouldn't have done if I'd known Total Security was being rendered obsolete (by the time I realized it, it was too late).

I'd rather not have to wait over two years to avoid wasting what I paid for earlier. Is there any way to convert part of what I paid for into something for Kaspersky Plus, or is that not allowed?

Was there and end date to Toal Security or did it stop supporting windows 7 at end of 2023

I was using Kaspersky total security on 12/30  but when I tried to use on 12/31/23  and then again

on 01/01/2024 the program started loading quick scan and privacy clean just disappeared off screen and there was no indication that the database files were updating and loading new virus definitions.

Was program officially gone on 01/01/24.

Working from new computer now but trying to transfer files and make mirror copy of hard drive so I can work offline

but having tremendous problems getting computer stay in working mode

and when completed the Total Security home page screen where you could access the various functions such as data base update 

4 hours ago, r_greenesky said:
  1. Was there an end date to Total Security?
  2. Did it stop supporting windows 7 at end of 2023?
  3. Was program officially gone on 01/01/24?

I was using Kaspersky total security on 12/30  but when I tried to use on 12/31/23  and then again on 01/01/2024 the program started loading quick scan and privacy clean just disappeared off screen and there was no indication that the database files were updating and loading new virus definitions.

Working from new computer now but trying to transfer files and make mirror copy of hard drive so I can work offline but having tremendous problems getting computer stay in working mode and when completed the Total Security home page screen where you could access the various functions such as data base update 

Hello @r_greenesky

Welcome!

1. Kaspersky have not yet announced an end date for Kaspersky Total Security. Kaspersky continue to release Database updates for all of their *old* 21.3 range (KTS etc.) but they've discontinued Patch & Version updates/releases.  
  2. Kaspersky Total Security still supports Windows 7, read: KTS, Hardware and software requirements
  3. No. 
  4. IF the KTS software is not stable, uninstall - read: How to uninstall the application in Windows 7 - the standard method of uninstalling any application on a Windows OS, before doing so - make sure you have the *Activation code* written down OR saved in (your) MyKaspersky account; during the uninstall (you) may be prompted to Save data for future use - do not check any check box - leave *all* check boxes *blank/empty*.
  5. At the end of the uninstall - make sure the computer shuts down, reboots fully!
  6. Login, go to: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product - scroll down to the: Still using our previous products plans? section in the lower part of the window & select KTS, download a *new* KTS installer. 
  7. Install KTS. 
  8. At the completion of the KTS install, run a manual Database update - allow it to complete. 
  9. *Do not miss this step* - shutdown the computer, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on the computer by pressing the Power button, login.
  10. Check if the issues that were impacting (you) 12/31/23, 01/01/2024 are still an issue? 
  11. *Also*, Kaspersky's *new* software, that replaces KTS & that (you) can upgrade/convert to - if (you) wish, supports Windows 7, read: Kaspersky Standard, Plus & Premium, Hardware and software requirements

Any issues or concerns, please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar