Deletion of Reports, settings. [Solved][Closed]

DaveB
Go to solution Solved by nexon,

Hello all,

I’m running Kaspersky Total Security. These are the details from the Technical Support window:

Operating System : Microsoft Windows 10 Home x64 Build 18363

Databases Release Date : Today 05:20  (today being 20/04/2020)

Application Version : 20.0.14.1085 (j)

In KTS under “settings/additional/Reports and Quarantine” I have check marked and selected “store reports no longer than 1 day; limit the size of report file to 1024mb” and under Quarantine check marked and selected “store objects no longer than 1 day”.

My question/problem is why wont any of the reports delete as per my selections ? I have to press the “clear” button to delete them.

Many thanks,

Dave

Hi,

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I hope these are screen shots you requested:

The links etc in the anti-banner report are all from today as I deleted all reports earlier this morning.

Regards,

Dave.

Hi,

I’ve used the settings in Reports & Quarantine since I first started using Kaspersky. In fact, I’m sure they are the default settings when installing Kaspersky.

I’ve now clicked on the CLEAR button in Reports & Quarantine which has, of course, cleared all reports. All it says now is “Report Data Deleted: Today, 11:23

I’ll report back in 24 hours.

Regards,

Dave.

Hi,

Unfortunately, the reports haven’t been deleted after 1 day.

These screen shots were taken at 11:55 today and you can see that reports for yesterday are still being listed with the earliest timed at 11:40 yesterday.

Regards,

Dave

• Solution

A lot of errors showing Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM..

Okay so last chance :

1.Uninstall kaspersky via control panel - uninstall, uninstall also secure connection by kaspersky (keep license info checkbox)

2.Restart pc (important)

​​​​​​​3.Install kaspersky, do manual update database, when finished update do update again and restart pc

Configure kaspersky (daily deleting reports), and see tomorrow if it deleting or not.

If not i suggest you to create support ticket https://my.kaspersky.com/

Hello @DaveB,

Just to add more information: when you logged the issue 20th Apr, 2020, on 3 systems, I manually deleted KTS Reports, set KTS to Store reports no longer than 1 day, the software has been thru 2 24hr cycles, on none of the systems, has KTS automatically deleted the Reports according to the rule set 🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi,

YES !!  👍 I was just about to log a support ticket and take screen shots when I noticed the reports had been deleted !!!

Many thanks to both yourself and Nexon for your help.

Kind regards,

Dave