Deleting history

kerff

Thanks so much for your reply @FLOOD, I think it’s really important. When testing to see if the internet filter works, which most parents will do, I don’t want want to have to delete the account just to reset the history. If logged in as admin, there should be a history reset option, or the option to delete individual entries, or reset the whole account without having to go through the rigmarole of reinstalling everything….

Hello  @kerff,

You are very welcome☺

I agree 💯 %!

We have to “hope” Kaspersky KSK Developers s👀 the same pressing need🤔

I’ve updated the INC, adding: 

(When loggd in as Parent), there should be a history reset option, & an option to delete individual entries, & an option to reset the account - without having to go through the rigmarole of reinstalling everything.

I will keep you posted with any progress.

Thank you🙏

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Is there a place for us to vote for the feature? What data showed that? Or is it a case where the only features they work on are the ones people list as a cancellation reason?

After they taking how often profiles are deleted and recreated?

I don't expect real answers. Just throwing that out there because I want it. It's such a simple thing to do.

Hello @MFC

Welcome!

1. Is there a place for us to vote for the feature?” Unfortunately, no, but there should be. Having said that, Kaspersky have a “convoluted” process, they “encourage” folks to go thru the laborious process of logging a request - use Feedback, I have a complaint (as a guide, follow the template image at the end of our reply); they say, they “measure” the popularity based on how many requests are logged😣
  2. What data showed that?” Good question, unfortunately, Kaspersky (& other providers of similar products), do not disclose; their stock standard response is “commercial in confidence, end of discussion”, or other similarly unhelpful responses. 
  3. Or is it a case where the only features they work on are the ones people list as a cancellation reason?” No, they do work on a variety of solutions, unfortunately when they publish solutions, there’s information such as “We have fixed some application issues”, (ioo) so illuminating, not. 
  4. I don't expect real answers.” Well, you’ve got real answers; in the Community, there’s real people, just like you, we use Kaspersky software, just like you; we all volunteer our time, we’re not on Kaspersky’s payroll & because we’re fiercely independent, we got crossed off Kaspersky’s Christmas list a long time ago; there’s a small number of Kaspersky employees who sometimes participate in the Community, they’re easily identified by the “Kaspersky employee” beside their tags, if that’s not beside a tag/avatar then the person is a volunteer, a ridgy-didge real person. 
  5.  “Just throwing that out there because I want it.” So do we.
  6. It's such a simple thing to do.” Yes it is. 
  • To add another similar function that should be available, applications that have been deleted cannot be removed from the list; consequence, KSK application management that does not reflect the actual device environment; Kaspersky’s logic & reason as to why they will not provide the feature, qte “a parent or child might want to use the application again in the future” unqte; no, our 12 yr old has no interest in using apps he used as a 6yr old.
  • If you do decide to log a request, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.