Cricut Design Space Will Not Load

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Kaspersky Premium

Win ver: 22H2

Previously used Kaspersky Internet Security with the Cricut Design Space application w/o problem. Just loaded Kaspersky Premium and not I can not launch Cricut Design Space.exe file unless I turn off the anti-virus application. Any ideas?

Cricut Design Space Error.JPG

Hello @pmacd,

Welcome!

1. What does the Design Space - extended detail of "for ideas on why see this article" show? 
  2. In Kaspersky Premium Reports, are there any  Design Space related errors? 
  3. In Kaspersky Premium, Intrusion Prevention, Manage Applications, what is the Design Space status

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

3. Manage Applications Status = image.png.8b30fbda8030ff8011bd9742775d31ac.png

2. Reports = No entries

1. Extended Detail = https://help.cricut.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407201102743-Design-Space-for-Desktop-Blank-White-Screen-Mac-Computers

Something Cricut Design Space doesn't like about this version of the Anti-virus. Seems it's some traffic in the background that is not liked. Thanks for checking.

• Solution

Hello @pmacd

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1 & 2 -> as a *test only*:

1. UncheckInject script into web traffic to interact with web pages
  2. Go to: Network settings, Encrypted connections scan, select Do not scan encrypted connections, apply the changes; exit Kaspersky -> on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login, make sure the Kaspersky app is active, recheck if Cricut Design Space loads correctly? 
  3. IF Cricut Design Space interacts a browser - how is Anti-Banner configured for Cricut Design Space
  4. IF Cricut Design Space interacts a browser - how is Private Browsing configured for Cricut Design Space

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added additional 1 & 3 & 4.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, pmacd said:

I had the Script Injection already cleared, but it seems that checking the Do Not scan encrypted connections was the fix for this issue. Thank you very much for the assist.

Hello @pmacd

You're most welcome, however, the reason we said: as a *test only*: disabling Do Not scan encrypted connections will disable other protection components. 

?It's better to add Cricut Design Space as a Trusted application & exclude it from being scanned individually. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Ok, turned back on the Scan Encrypted Connections, then it took some time, but I figured out how to add the right site and file to the exclusion list. Appears I got it working correctly now. Thanks for the info.

Edited by pmacd
misspelling
  • Like 1