Corruption, can't restore

So I went to fire up KSC 13 the other day and found the service wasn't started.  It would start, then stop.  I went digging through the logs and between that and a few articles, I found out there was a corruption and I needed to re-install.  Backup prior to re-install would not run.  So I re-installed figuring once I connected to the original DB, I'd at least have some control back but for whatever reason, it will not re-connect to the existing DB.  I tried restoring from a backup (about 18 months old) but I can't use that because I can't remember the password on it...is there anything I can do?  I could care less if I have to rebuild KSC from scratch (it's only 10 machines), my bigger concern is that I've got 2 servers and I'm not sure if I'll be able to uninstall KIS due to my policies I had setup in KSC... Thoughts? Ideas?  Anything?

Without a working backup, unfortunately, you will not be able to recover.

You will have to start from the beginning.

1. Install the database server again

2. Install KSC server again (latest version 14.2)

3. Download all required client applications (KES, KSWS, etc.) with appropriate plugins.

4. Create all necessary tasks and policies

After everything is ready, connect your devices to the new server ... use the utility ...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\klmover.exe

on the client device, run cmd as administrator, and go to folder

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\

run command, format - klmover.exe -address <you server name or IP>

for exampleklmover -address 10.10.15.20

the command will force the agents to connect to the new server and get the new policy settings from it, after which you will see how they are managed as before (don't forget to update the product versions)

Edited by ElvinE5