Children's Requests not going through unless computer restarts, every day!

proudmama

Hello,

Currently I have some programs and topics blocked for my daughter so she needs to ask permission to use, even if for school.  That means throughout the school day, I respond to her requests for use depending on the situation. 

Daily though, the first several requests don’t come through to me.  Not via email or in the app, yet her computer says she has requested access.  If we restart her computer, all of the sudden, the requests all come through immediately to me via email and the app.  I’m not sure if her computer sleeps during the day, but it does sleep overnight and that’s what seems to disconnect it.  

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a setting I need to change?

TIA,

ProudMama

Hello @proudmama

Welcome!

Please tell us: 

1. Your daughter’s computer, is it a Desktop or Laptop?
  2. OS & version, in Windows Search🔎 , type   winver    → press enter, on the winver exe, select Open, a small popup window will show the information ? 
  3. KSK version & patch(x) x=letter → on the Windows taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK) icon, select About
  4. Do all Windows updates have Successfully applied status -  in Windows Search🔎 , type   update history   → press enter,  select View your update history
  5. How often does the device get fully powered off
  6. Is there any other Kaspersky software installed? If “yes”, name, version & patch
  7. To question 6, if “no”, is there any (other) anti-virus software installed, if “yes”, name & version

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @proudmama

You’re most welcome☺

Thank you for updating us👌

Is Windows managing the laptop security? 

Just as friendly advice, using an device, connected to the internet, without anti-virus software is not recommended. There’s several good, free AV software available, from reputable companies, including Kaspersky. 

Sleep mode suspends all processes, once the Laptop is “woken up”, that should not affect the delivery time of KSK emails & push notifications, however, it can happen. 

To be absolutely sure, please do the following:

1. Create a System restore point
  2. In your MyKaspersky account, Disconnect the device → image 1, result → image 2
  3. Sign on to the Laptop with the Administrator/Parent account.
  4. Shutdown all applications except KSK.
  5. Uninstall KSK, at the end of the uninstall, shutdown the computer using Shutdownnot Restart, power on, login:
  6. Download a new KSK installer
  7. Install KSKat the end of the install, shutdown the computer using Shutdownnot Restart, power on, login:
  8. Check MyKaspersky → KSK, Settings, Notifications & the specific rules  you’ve set up for your daughter? 
  9. Sign out of the Parent account, shutdown the computer using Shutdownnot Restart, power on, login, ask your daughter to log in with the a Local/Standard account & use the laptop as she normally would, including allowing the laptop to sleep for the same time as it normally would; replicate the issue: check if the first requests your daughter sends, after the laptop wakes-up, are received, by you, unless the issue is immediately replicable, monitor for 3 or 4 days  to be sure it’s fixed or not? 
  10. If it’s fixed, excellent👏 , if not, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in image 3, provide as much information as possible, steps taken, Community URL; Support may request: traces, data, logs, they will guide you

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Flood and Flood’s Wife, 

I tried a few different things over the weekend and may have solved the issue. . .time will tell.

I found out that she did have Windows Defender Running (Great!)

The computer was up to date will all updates, since a few days ago.

I powered off, instead of restarting. Let it rest a while and then started.

I uninstalled the app on my android phone, reinstalled, and now I receive the requests within a matter of 10 seconds without my needing to go into the app. That may have been the main problem. . .

Now I’m having some other minor issues, but I’ll research the community first before posting about those.

Thanks for your wisdom,

ProudMama