Changing subscription to 1 device instead of 3, 71$ renewal price

I have Kaspersky Standard, is it possible for me to renew my subscription thats about to run out for just 1 device?  its currently for 3 devices which i dont need at the moment.

There has to be a cheaper version than the 71$ renewal price.  Currently there's an offer to get 3 devices for 21$ but its for a new subscription, i mean, everyone is just better off creating a new account and subscription and paying 51 less dollars right?

55 minutes ago, matthewreck said:

I have Kaspersky Standard, is it possible for me to renew my subscription thats about to run out for just 1 device?  its currently for 3 devices which i dont need at the moment.

There has to be a cheaper version than the 71$ renewal price. 

Currently there's an offer to get 3 devices for 21$ but its for a new subscription, i mean, everyone is just better off creating a new account and subscription and paying 51 less dollars right?

Hello @matthewreck

Welcome!

• You can purchase a new subscription, there's no *law* that says you must purchase a renewal subscription *however* make sure you *cancel* the *existing* renewal before it renews, otherwise the renewal $$$ will be processed - contact Kaspersky Customer Service, see template at the end of our reply
  • You do not need to create a new account to purchase a new subscription, you can use (your) existing account. 
  • One thing to pay particular attention to, IF purchasing a Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium subscription (Kasperskys *new* software range), from a Kaspersky online store OR via (your) MyKaspersky account - the subscription *activates* on the payment date - not the software install date.  

Any questions or issues, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋USER_2023-11-21_124652.thumb.jpg.809006d42e902bcdf0460760a3660736.jpg

How to cancel the subscription

How to manage your subscription using your My Kaspersky account

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added image

I cancelled the auto renewal the moment i bought the subscription, as each year i look for cheaper offers, something that i guess they dont want people doing, they just want people to not pay attention and get charged with high renewal prices.

I assumed you had to create a new account for a new subscription because i actually just went thru an issue the other day where i purchased that 21$ subscription using my current kaspersky myaccount, and the payment went thru but i never received the subscription, which i got refunded for eventually. 

Its kinda odd that were discussing the fact you can get the same thing for 50$ cheaper, yet when you click 'renew' on your kaspersky app it sends you to renew at the highest price, 71$ for Kaspersky Standard.  Shouldn't it link you to the 21$ version of the same exact thing?

https://www.kaspersky.ca/standard  - this is what it should link me to when i click 'renew' on kaspersky

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, matthewreck said:

Shouldn't it link you to the 21$ version of the same exact thing?

https://www.kaspersky.ca/standard  - this is what it should link me to when i click 'renew' on kaspersky

Hello @matthewreck

Thank you for posting back!

• As far as we understand, yes it should, reading the whole history as you've described & our own personal experience of the Kaspersky's renewal offers - we simply say, the renewals are never worth it (in our opinion) - we don't need Kaspersky sending us an renewal email reminder - the software already alerts us that it's about to expire  - why should we pay $$$$ for an email reminder once a year. 
  • When Kaspersky Customer Service processed the refund - did you ask them about the discrepancy, IF 'yes', what  did they say, how did they explain it? 
  • IF (you) did not receive the subscription, it sounds as if something may have gone wrong in the backgroud, we don't know. The important thing is, that issue has been rectified & hopefully you're across the important information:
  1. Subscriptions purchased via Kaspersky websites or via (your) MyKaspersky account *activate* on the day of purchase, not the software install date. 
  2. Kaspersky's *new* software range: Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium, if purchased via Kaspersky websites or via (your) MyKaspersky account has a License code, *not an Activation code* - the License code is sent *directly* to (your) MyKaspersky account. 
  3. All locally installed software must be synchronised with (your) MyKaspersky account to pickup the License code. 
  4. In (your) MyKaspersky account, you may wish to remove or request Kaspersky Customer Service to remove - all expired Subscriptions. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

5 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @matthewreck

• As far as we understand, yes it should, reading the whole history as you've described & our own personal experience of the Kaspersky's renewal offers - we simply say, the renewals are never worth it (in our opinion) - we don't need Kaspersky sending us an renewal email reminder - the software already alerts us that it's about to expire  - why should we pay $$$$ for an email reminder once a year. 
  • When Kaspersky Customer Service processed the refund - did you ask them about the discrepancy, IF 'yes', what  did they say, how did they explain it? 
  • IF (you) did not receive the subscription, it sounds as if something may have gone wrong in the backgroud, we don't know. The important thing is, that issue has been rectified & hopefully you're across the important information:
  1. Subscriptions purchased via Kaspersky websites or via (your) MyKaspersky account *activate* on the day of purchase, not the software install date. 
  2. Kaspersky's *new* software range: Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium, if purchased via Kaspersky websites or via (your) MyKaspersky account has a License code, *not an Activation code* - the License code is sent *directly* to (your) MyKaspersky account. 
  3. All locally installed software must be synchronised with (your) MyKaspersky account to pickup the License code. 
  4. In (your) MyKaspersky account, you may wish to remove or request Kaspersky Customer Service to remove - all expired Subscriptions. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Right now iv contacted them to see if i can in fact purchase the cheaper 21$ 'new subscription' for the already active kaspersky account iv had.  Im assuming when i first tried this that something did happen in the background related to the fact i tried getting this 'new subscription' version using an already active kaspersky account.

I also never got an answer to one of my other questions, which was is there a 1 device purchase available? or do they mostly come in bundles of 3 devices only?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matthewreck said:

Right now iv contacted them to see if i can in fact purchase the cheaper 21$ 'new subscription' for the already active kaspersky account iv had.  Im assuming when i first tried this that something did happen in the background related to the fact i tried getting this 'new subscription' version using an already active kaspersky account.

I also never got an answer to one of my other questions, which was is there a 1 device purchase available? or do they mostly come in bundles of 3 devices only?

Hello @matthewreck

💥On (your) local website, there's Kaspersky Standard - with no *one* device subscription:

USER_2023-11-22_120256.thumb.jpg.cc1cd2bea48f9d1c2d296aaa306398ab.jpg

👉On Kaspersky's *Global* website, there is a Kaspersky Standardone device subscription

USER_2023-11-22_120726.thumb.jpg.5343996dc3a9bd24553f2baed147c1e3.jpg

We prefer the 3 device option, that way we can cover a phone & a laptop or PC.... whereas, IF we had a one device subscription & we needed to put av on another device -  we would need to purchase another subscription, but, your milage may vary - it's personal choice. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar