Changing Computer

keithT

Hello, I can't remember when I last came into the forum but I have been using Kaspersky UK for a long time. Anyway, I recently had reason to contact them to take me off of the renew list because I will soon be moving over to a laptop because my long standing PC is coming to the end of its life. I have contacted Kaspersky again to tell them of my decision to continue using their KIS product but have not heard back from them in over 48 hours. I have 9 months left to go on my current arrangement—version 21.3.10.391 (i) and would like to transfer this to my Win 11 laptop from my Win 7 PC. However, I need to also keep it on my PC until the final changeover, possibly a month or so, to finish transferring the rest of my files. The thing is, my licence is for one device. Would it be possible to upgrade it to two devices for a small amount of time. As I say, I am still waiting for Kaspersky to get back to me. It seems their 24/7 system isn't working for me. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

Thank you in advance. Keith.

31 minutes ago, keithT said:

I will soon be moving over to a laptop because my long-standing PC is coming to the end of its life. I have 9 months left to go on my current arrangement—version 21.3.10.391 (i) and would like to transfer this to my Win 11 laptop from my Win 7 PC. However, I need to also keep it on my PC until the final changeover, possibly a month or so, to finish transferring the rest of my files.

1. My license is for one device. Would it be possible to upgrade it to two devices for a small amount of time.
  • I have contacted Kaspersky again to tell them of my decision to continue using their KIS product but have not heard back from them in over 48 hours. It seems their 24/7 system isn't working for me.

Hello @keithT,

Welcome!

1. Unfortunately, it's not possible to add an additional device to an existing license. What may help is to use a 30-day Kaspersky Trial license? As an example - please have a look at: https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/downloads/standard-free-trial & How trial subscription works
  2. In the UK, Kaspersky have released their new generation software range, Kaspersky Internet Security will eventually be replaced by Kaspersky Standard, please read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - by Danila T.  & Kaspersky: we’re starting a new digital life.
  • Regarding support, 24/7 doesn't *actually* mean 24/7, IF you've logged the issue & received the automated email response, contractually Kaspersky have met their first support obligation; at some stage, generally within 5 business days, a Kaspersky human will contact you. 

Any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Adjusted 1 & 2 || ?
  • Like 1

Thank you, Flood, for your reply. I understand and maybe if it's possible I will delete it from my PC and reinstall it on my laptop to take advantage of my remaining 9 months. That seems to be the only way round it. As I have had an account for a long time I would like to keep that going, again, if possible. I will upgrade to the new version when the need arises, next September.

Thanks...Keith

Edited by keithT

4 hours ago, keithT said:

I understand and maybe if it's possible I will delete it from my PC and reinstall it on my laptop to take advantage of my remaining 9 months. That seems to be the only way round it. As I have had an account for a long time, I would like to keep that going, again, if possible. I will upgrade to the new version when the need arises, next September.

Hello @keithT

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

We may have misunderstood, we thought you were seeking a period of approx a month where both devices had coverage by the KIS subscription., our proposed 30-Trial solution certainly would not suit your situation. 

To uninstall, & transfer to the second device, you may wish to save KIS existing configuration, or save License information only, during the uninstall process a popup will present 6 choices, tick whichever meets your requirements & proceed from there: KIS - How to uninstall the application, make sure machine is rebooted after uninstalling.

*Before starting with the install on the second device, in (your) MyKaspersky account, Disconnect the original device* then, on the second device, follow on with: KIS - How to install the application 

If there's any questions, issues or problems, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I was seeking to cover both machines, the original for a month and the new machine to continue thereafter. But if that's not possible as you say, then I will have to transfer my licence to the new machine only. I may ask someone to do this for me, as I have never done it before. I wouldn't want to mess things up. I do have an engineer who built my original PC, so I will ask him if he can do this. Thanks for your help and for the links. 

Keith

Edited by keithT

• The title was changed to Changing Computer