Change KSC address on all managed computers (Netagent installed but not communicating)

Go to solution Solved by ElvinE5,

Hello,

My company has KES installed on a remote site and managed by KSC. I only have access to the server where KSC is deployed. For some reason they changed the IP addressing of the site including the server that hosts KSC. The problem now is that Network Agent on the machines still points to the old KSC IP address (I verified this by requesting remote access to one of the computers and using klcsngtgui.exe ). Now the problem is that KSC is not detecting the Network agent on these machine (only on the one I connected to remotely and fixed the address using klmover.exe). I tried reinstalling the network agent remotely using an admin account (I changed the package settings to point to the new address) but it did not work (the network agent reinstall successfully but it's settings do not update).

I want to know if there is a way to fix the addresses on these machines centrally without having to connect to them one by one

Thanks in advance.

• Solution

unpleasant situation... make sure that there are no plans to change the address in the future...

You can use the same klmover command to change the server...

create a bat file with the following content (in two lines)

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent"

klmover.exe -address <new server IP>

create an installation package from it, and send it to all your devices using the “Remote Installation” task, be sure to specify an administrator account (possibly a domain account) with rights to local installation.

After executing the commands on the target devices, they will have to switch to the new server... this will be equivalent to running this command manually on each device.

Edited by ElvinE5
  • Like 2