Cant manage task in some KES clients

Go to solution Solved by ElvinE5,

I my new KSC Administration server I have clients from two domains and different networks. On one network I cant manage clients in the way that cant stop/start KES or agent, and cant stop/start any task (gray). don't see info on Session to. Everything else seams to work. I can install KES app, can see app installed on client, updates are working.

It seams to me that is some kind of network problem, as maybe some ports are blocked. But I'm confused. Can you help me?

• Solution

to send “commands” to the user’s devices, the KSC server generates a UDP packet on port 15000. Sending is one-way from KSC to the client (something like “hey, connect to me, I have news”). The agent listens to this port; if it “hears,” it establishes a connection with the server according to the standard scheme (from agent to server on TCP 13000), after which information is exchanged. In your case, the server seems unable to “speak out” to the clients, they don’t hear it... it looks like TCP 13000 works on your network, since clients still receive information and policies, judging by your words, clients themselves connect to the server (even if they don’t hear commands) once every 15 minutes (by default) 

Check that you have the ability to send similar packets between the KSC server and clients from a neighboring domain.

I also want to clarify that there is no way to control the start/stop of the agent from the KSC server through the device properties... this is something like a “foolproof” mechanism