cannot watch BBC news

I cannot manage to watch BBC news live while outside the UK, on this page:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcnews

My browser says: “this content is not available in your location”, even though I switched Kaspersky Secured Connection on UK server.

I even erased all BBC cookies and tried again, but this did not work.

One can find the beginning of an explanation here:

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/bbc-iplayer-vpn-not-working/

...but I do not know how I could fix the problem with KSC, since it seems that BBC servers still can recognize I am not located within the UK (IP address issue).

Thank you for your help!

Hello @Tony Boulet

Welcome!

Checking the BBC site shows: Got a TV LicenceYou need one to watch any BBC programme on iPlayer - live, catch-up or on-demand. It's the law.

You must be covered by a TV Licence to download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand. This applies to any device and provider you use.

Don’t forget, your TV Licence also covers you to watch or record programmes on any channel as they are being shown on TV or live on an online TV service.

Pay for a TV Licence now. A standard TV Licence costs £154.50. 

• Do you have the TV Licence? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thank you for your comment, Flood.

I have a valid licence and I checked the “got a TV licence” button.

Thus, this is not the issue and my question remains asked.

Hello @Tony Boulet

Thank you for replying👌

Please note the documented advice from Kaspersky:

Application usage restriction

Kaspersky is not a provider of VPN (Virtual Private Network) services. If access to specific websites or services is limited in the VPN service provider's region, you will not be able to access these websites and services through Kaspersky Secure Connection.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Kaspersky is not a provider of VPN (Virtual Private Network) services. If access to specific websites or services is limited in the VPN service provider's region, you will not be able to access these websites and services through Kaspersky Secure Connection.

This is contradictory with what your web site says:

https://www.kaspersky.fr/vpn-secure-connection

“Fast, secure & anonymous VPN service”, “Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection” etc.

Therefore, I consider that you provided me false and misleading information: I would never have paid for your service if I had known this.

I demand that you cancel my subscription and reimburse me what I already paid for.

Best regards.

Hello @Tony Boulet

Thank you for replying👌

Just to be very clear, I have nothing to do with Kaspersky, I’m a member of the Kaspersky Community, the same as you & the same as everyone else here, apart from Kaspersky employees, who are identified by the words: Kaspersky employee, after their “name”. 

How to request a refund for a Kaspersky application

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 month later...

Yes I am. I even have an account and am able to connect to it.

As I wrote in my first message:

“ My browser says: “this content is not available in your location”, even though I switched Kaspersky Secured Connection on UK server. “

Yes I am. I even have an account and am able to connect to it.

As I wrote in my first message:

“ My browser says: “this content is not available in your location”, even though I switched Kaspersky Secured Connection on UK server. “

Strange. Try connecting/using any other VPN service preferably UK based VPN/server and try again. Maybe there is issue with the kaspersky VPN connection. Do verify your new IP address location from https://whatismyip.live

Very interesting to check with whatismyip: although I setup Kaspersky Secure Connection to “UK”, whatismyip keeps seeing me in Italy where I am physically at the moment: KSC does not work!!!

This could be tha issue. Kaspersky might not hiding your original IP address somehow. Try using any other VPN service/free VPN test to see if your IP changes with those VPN so that you can compare if there is issue with the VPN itself or something els.

although I setup Kaspersky Secure Connection to “UK”, whatismyip keeps seeing me in Italy: KSC does not work!!!

This could be tha issue. Kaspersky might not hiding your original IP address somehow. Try using any other VPN service/free VPN test to see if your IP changes with those VPN so that you can compare if there is issue with the VPN itself or something els.

Sure it could be the issue! However, what can I do if KSC does not do its job?

And I am not really willing to use a free VPN (which one?), as I read there are many security issues with those.

• 7 months later...

Hello All

I need your help to resolve an issue. I am using premium VPN version from India and have connected to UK server but am unable to use BBC Iplayer, It says the content is not available in your location. Have checked my IP using https://whatismyip.live/ and its connected to UK and shows UK IP address but still am unable to watch BBC programs. Please revert back if you know the solution at earliest

Thanks 

Take Care 

Hello @Bites,

Welcome!

BBC uses Geo-blocking, that means they may have blocked/blacklisted the Kaspersky UK remote virtual server. 

Note Kaspersky’s documented advice:

If access to specific websites or services is limited in the VPN service provider's region, you will not be able to access these websites and services through Kaspersky Secure Connection.”

You may wish to log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support & ask them for confirmation, fill in the Connectivity issues, Specific website does not work as expected template 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋