Cannot get a UK based Channel 5 programme to upload to my PC's VDU

The problem is that I am unable to do the above. I raised the issue with Channel 5 customer service team. I did all things it advised such as clearing cookies and cache, pausing KIS as it was suggested that it might be preventing my downloading a programme but none of the suggestions worked. I had even put Channel 5 on the "whitelist" in case it was the anti banner security. In a nutshell I am able to sign in on Channel 5 as a member and click on the chosen programme but when I click the "Watch Episode " box it gives me the opening still picture of it and a continuously rotating wheel only 

I also explained that I experience no problems with BBC, ITVX or UKTVPlay to name 3 other TV channels which store programmes for downloading  

Eventually my problem was passed to their Tech Team but after 4 days that team is saying they cannot replicate the problem, adding that my problem may be particular to my PC and to KIS which despite being paused was still somehow interfering with the download. While the Tech Team is still allegedly investigating the problem, my instinct says that it will shortly tell me that there is nothing wrong at the Channel 5 end and that will end their involvement. They are saying they have had no other customer complaints of this nature   

So is there anything that I need to do at my end in terms of a setting on KIS that might be giving me the problem or better still are there  any U.K based members who have had this issue with Channel 5 and if so what was it that you needed to do? 

Thanks 

My KIS is 213.10.391(m)   

58 minutes ago, mikethebike said:

The problem is that I am unable to do the above. I raised the issue with Channel 5 customer service team. I did all things it advised such as clearing cookies and cache, pausing KIS as it was suggested that it might be preventing my downloading a programme but none of the suggestions worked. I had even put Channel 5 on the "whitelist" in case it was the anti banner security. In a nutshell I am able to sign in on Channel 5 as a member and click on the chosen programme but when I click the "Watch Episode " box it gives me the opening still picture of it and a continuously rotating wheel only 

I also explained that I experience no problems with BBC, ITVX or UKTVPlay to name 3 other TV channels which store programmes for downloading  

Eventually my problem was passed to their Tech Team but after 4 days that team is saying they cannot replicate the problem, adding that my problem may be particular to my PC and to KIS which despite being paused was still somehow interfering with the download. While the Tech Team is still allegedly investigating the problem, my instinct says that it will shortly tell me that there is nothing wrong at the Channel 5 end and that will end their involvement. They are saying they have had no other customer complaints of this nature   

So is there anything that I need to do at my end in terms of a setting on KIS that might be giving me the problem or better still are there  any U.K based members who have had this issue with Channel 5 and if so what was it that you needed to do? 

Thanks 

My KIS is 213.10.391(m)   

Hello @mikethebike

Welcome back!

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks for the reply. If I may say,  I have noticed that you give this advice to almost all who have a problem which is fine but it kind of suggests that KIS is not as reliable as K Standard and switching is likely to be the answer to the problem. Is that really the case? 

Can you say what it is about K Standard that may solve a problem that KIS is not giving me with any other website including other TV channel sites where I can do what I can't with Channel 5 

I must admit that not being very computer literate I have reservations about attempting the change and doing it successfully especially when apart from Channel 5 nothing else is "broken" about KIS so to speak 

As a supplementary question and if K Standard is likely to be the solution to a range of problems can I ask why at my renewal date in late June 2024 Kaspersky itself did not make the offer to make the change for me with my permission

I am not ungrateful for the suggestion to change but I'd rather not for the reasons I have given unless remaining with KIS renders me less secure and opens me up to other problems. 

Thanks 

mikethebike 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mikethebike said:
  •  I have noticed that you give this advice to almost all who have a problem which is fine but it kind of suggests that KIS is not as reliable as K Standard and switching is likely to be the answer to the problem. Is that really the case? 
  • Can you say what it is about K Standard that may solve a problem that KIS is not giving me with any other website including other TV channel sites where I can do what I can't with Channel 5 
  • I must admit that not being very computer literate I have reservations about attempting the change and doing it successfully especially when apart from Channel 5 nothing else is "broken" about KIS so to speak 
  • As a supplementary question and if K Standard is likely to be the solution to a range of problems can I ask why at my renewal date in late June 2024 Kaspersky itself did not make the offer to make the change for me with my permission
  • I am not ungrateful for the suggestion to change but I'd rather not for the reasons I have given unless remaining with KIS renders me less secure and opens me up to other problems. 

Hello @mikethebike,

Thank you for posting back & the additional questions!

• KIS is Kaspersky's *old* software, the 21.3 range is no longer being developed, database updates continue until it's withdrawn & no, we don't know when that will be, Kaspersky have not yet made any announcements in that regard.  
  • IF (you) haven't read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T. please do so. 
  • 21.3 has some bugs that have been resolved by upgrading to the new version, that's why we make the recommendation, we're not on a mad sales promotion on behalf of Kaspersky - we like seeing problems resolved for users of Kaspersky software. 
  • We don't know categorically that upgrading to Kaspersky Standard *will* fix the issue - you have two choices, upgrade or contact Kaspersky Customer Service -> https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts
  • Regarding the June renewal date & why there was no automatic offer, that's a question for Kaspersky Customer Service - they have access to your private information & can check your subscription - for privacy reasons the Community cannot do that. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋