Cannot access a website on my laptop, is Kaspersky blocking me somewhere

I am trying to access archive.is. When connected to my router my phone can access it but not my laptop. I can ping the website and get response. But when I enter the url into any of my browsers Kaspersky gives me a warning. I tried disabling KTS and VPN but still I cannot connect. Is Kaspersky blocking me, is there some other windows setting disallowing me access?

(win10 latest KTS and VPN installed)

Edited by ArHu

Hello @ArHu,

there are always problems with the archive.xx pages.
According to support, Kaspersky cannot do much here, as the problem is caused by the web pages.

The only thing that helps is to add them to the 'trusted sites'.
'Settings->Security settings->Advanced settings->Network settings->Trusted addresses'.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.316f35aa225f41c59d8f7785bb58ffd5.png

Please also see the topic in the German forum (use tranlator):
https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/probleme-mit-archiveis-oder-archiveph-35965/?do=findComment&comment=145176

• Like 2

Which brings me to my next challenge. I forgot my KLAdmin password. So I downloaded klapr.bat and tried running it safe mode by clicking, by selecting run as admin and from an powershell as admin in safe mode but I get an error that the system cannot get access to the file

Which brings me to my next challenge. I forgot my KLAdmin password. So I downloaded klapr.bat and tried running it safe mode by clicking, by selecting run as admin and from an powershell as admin in safe mode but I get an error that the system cannot get access to the file

edit I managed to run klapr.bat by putting it in c:/ but I still cannot access archive.is, something else is blocking it but I cannot figure what. Not my router

33 minutes ago, ArHu said:

edit I managed to run klapr.bat by putting it in c:/ but I still cannot access archive.is, something else is blocking it but I cannot figure what. Not my router

Hello @ArHu

Thank you for posting back & the information!

Resource: KLAPR instructions - I forgot my password. What should I do?

If you get "Error 5: Permission denied, please be sure to run this file in Safe-Mode", make sure you booted the computer in Safe Mode at step 5.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added: Resource: KLAPR instructions - I forgot my password. What should I do?

I already managed to run klapr, I had to move it to c:/

I tried brave browser and from there I can access archive.is but not from chrome, edge nor vivaldi (my regular browser)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ArHu said:

I already managed to run klapr, I had to move it to c:/

I tried brave browser and from there I can access archive.is but not from chrome, edge nor vivaldi (my regular browser)

Hello @ArHu

1. Which error shows when chrome, edge & vivaldi are used?
  2. In Kaspersky Reports - are there any errors - related to archive.is? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

7 minutes ago, ArHu said:

This site can’t be reached

archive.is unexpectedly closed the connection.

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

No errors in the log except an ssl certificate error this morning but I already fixed that by adding archive.is to the list of exceptions

Hello @ArHu

1. Update to Kaspersky Plushttps://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product.
  2. After installing Kaspersky Plus make sure to login to the application with the same email address you use for your MyKaspersky account, so the app & the account synchronize & run a manual Database update & shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login  - and recheck the issue?
  3. Also, please read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

10 minutes ago, ArHu said:

didn't work 😞

Hello @ArHu

Either update to Kaspersky Plus, as per our last reply OR log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page:  select either Chat or Email, then fill in template as in the image below; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

image.thumb.png.a893ddb66d06fa051768dbcd75d839b6.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋