Can Kaspersky products guarentee our security against known vulnerabilities of Call Of Duty Games?

Operating SystemWindows 11 Home Single Language
Name and Version number =  Kaspersky Premium 21.13.5.506 (a)

Hello
I have a doubt about security of my device.
Older call of duty games have RCE/RAT vulnerabilities , which people may not be aware of it because devs and publishers of game have not withdrawn their product nor they recognized issue and fixed it.

Detailed information about issue ;
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2018-20817
https://www.opencve.io/cve/CVE-2018-20817

One of potential threats of this vulnerability ;
https://encyclopedia.kaspersky.com/glossary/remote-code-execution-rce/

My own experience,

Due to nature of Peer to Peer multiplayer feature of most of call of duty games, multiplayer games are not hosted in a dedicated server, matches are hosted by a player. So being host of current match gives people advantage of seeing ip address of other players. I don't know much details about 3rd party programs that they use.
But what happened to me was , a player who was cheating and using those vulnerabilities started exposing my ip address in general chat and made my game crash ( i do not know how he did ) but later when i wanted to play game , my attempts ended with same problem, that person was joining my game lobbies or matches and my game was crashing immediately.  I toggled on Kaspersky premium VPN it kept me safe for a while but later he was able  find me again and keep doing that.

Worst part is not being DDoSed or my game was being forced crashed. Later i researched and figured out RCE/RAT . Those are far worse vulnerabilities, which can cost you losing your money in your bank account, your sensitive private data , your site passwords/ids.

When i experienced this cyberattack , my pc/windows had a password which requires me to basically login and access my desktop each time i was openning my laptop. My remote access was disabled in windows settings ,Kaspersky Premium was on and all security settings were set highest possible.

I want to know one thing , was my pc compromised?  Just because he had my ip adress and we were playing same game that he was being host (kinda taking role of dedicated server) , it gave him access to my device? could he install a malware , could he do what is called RCE/RAT ?

I know that Kaspersky is a great program i have been using years  , but i am not sure how much i was protected when i was playing that game with vulnerabilities?

I hope it can be warning to other people who are planning to buy that game or play that game.  

By the way , i forgot to mention company's response to such issues.

Activision , does not recognize any problem , they do not say anything, basicly they closed their eyes and ears to problem or they just dont care . While selling these games for a full scale AAA game prices, they don't even warn their customers, they are charging for really high prices for such old games, they put players/customers at great risk and they make profits out of it.

Activision's approach is greedy, irresponsible, unethical, unlawful.

I think this exploit is not addressed by any big security software company (that includes Kaspersky, BitDefender, Norton, Avast, McAfee, etc). There's no information from all this companies if they are aware of this problem at all. If someone is paranoid enough with his security, please don't play those games online.

• Like 1

But if you check my first post , this exploit is in records of various sources including NVD which is a government site.

On 7/26/2023 at 5:37 PM, AragornPT said:

I think this exploit is not addressed by any big security software company (that includes Kaspersky, BitDefender, Norton, Avast, McAfee, etc). There's no information from all this companies if they are aware of this problem at all. If someone is paranoid enough with his security, please don't play those games online.