Browsers only work in safe mode Windows 10

For the past 4 weeks I've been fighting my PC. I run Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I have 3 browsers installed and every page I tried to access (apart, strangely YouTube) was blocked. This came on over a period of about a day, first Chrome with error ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED, then Firefox with PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR and finally MS Edge.  The browsers would work correctly if I rebooted in safe mode with networking.

I tried everything I could think of and got some help from others most of which is detailed here  , I also tried tools such as CCleaner. . The only suggestion I didn't try was to disable Kaspersky which I thought would be highly unlikely. I put off reinstalling Windows and all my apps as it's such a fag, but that was going to come next.

Using safe mode as necessary (no sound, insists on MS 365 when I don't subscribe and only one of my 2 monitors) I stumbled along till last Monday when the PC refused to start - dead power supply. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise. A local computer repair company replaced the power supply and said they would have a look at the web problem. As part of their investigation they disable Kaspersky and everything started to work properly. They were as baffled as I was as to why or how Kaspersky was causing the problem and why YouTube was an exception. Obviously disabled Kaspersky is about as useful as a chocolate teapot so we decided to uninstall it completely.

I very much doubt I will reinstall it or renew my subscription in December as I've lost all confidence in it. I'm currently running with just the MS offering, but actively looking for a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I don't know exactly which version was installed, but since I gave it free rein to update itself automatically, I guess the latest version.

I had already done all the things you suggest to no avail.

But this is moot, I've completely uninstalled Kaspersky including the Windows service and cleaned the registry. As far as I can tell there is no trace of it on my PC now. I have replaced it with the free version of Bit Defender which, so far, has been working fine.