Both Kaspersky Plus and UltraAV are running.

stanhilliard

US, Windows 10, license expires March 12, 2025.

Both Kaspersky and UltraAV are running. Performance Is slow, Firefox occasionally completely freeses for about a minute. The menus are very slow to open in LibreOffice documents (3-5) seconds.

These processes are loaded in task manager.
Kaspersky (32 bit)
Kaspersky lab launcher (32 bit)
Kaspersky VPN secure connection (32 bit)
Kaspersky VPN secure connection service (32 bit)
AV Active monitor service
AV Active monitor tray
AV Watchdog service
AV DBServer

AV UltraVPN

Previously I tried to solve this problem by uninstalling UltraAV. But then when I learned that the database doesn't update, I reinstalled it. There are now mixed indications of the database being updated.
Also, the proces "System" is about 30%

Q Should both security programs be running at the same time?
Q How can I improve the performance?

Flood and Flood's wife
1 hour ago, stanhilliard said:
  • A. US, Windows 10, license expires March 12, 2025.

Both Kaspersky and UltraAV are running. Performance Is slow, Firefox occasionally completely freeses for about a minute. The menus are very slow to open in LibreOffice documents (3-5) seconds.

These processes are loaded in task manager.
Kaspersky (32 bit)
Kaspersky lab launcher (32 bit)
Kaspersky VPN secure connection (32 bit)
Kaspersky VPN secure connection service (32 bit)
AV Active monitor tray
AV Watchdog service
AV DBServer

AV UltraVPN

Previously I tried to solve this problem by uninstalling UltraAV. But then when I learned that the database doesn't update, I reinstalled it. There are now mixed indications of the database being updated.
Also, the process "System" is about 30%

1. Q Should both security programs be running at the same time?
  2. Q How can I improve the performance?

Hello @stanhilliard

Welcome back!

• A.   All valid Kaspersky licenses will keep functioning until their original expiration date.
  1. No. DB updates will not work for Kaspersky due to the US ban, read: Database update and connectivity to Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) cloud service: "Kaspersky will be prohibited from providing product updates to US customers, including antivirus signature and codebase updates. Security apps will be disconnected from Kaspersky Security Network, which will limit the operation of some product features."
  2. Uninstall UAV. Use a good, free VPN to get Kaspersky software & updates from a country other than the US - read Updating anti-virus databases and application modules Kaspersky update servers & see following image, *also* - again using a VPN, download latest version from this link: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

image.thumb.png.01a39db11efe60c4400c5337e90866ed.png

Any issues or concerns, please post back. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn 2. https://support.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-for-windows/21.19/70772