Bluetooth Blocking in KSC 12

Hello,

I recently installed KSC 12 on our server, and restored a recent backup i had that was from KSC 11, everything else is working fine but bluetooth device blocking. For some reason bluetooth devices in PCs on my network are not being blocked as much as they have been blocked under device control. Any ideas why this is so?

Hi @jeo,

have you updated the KES administration plug-in? I’d recommend to do so.. You can check current plug-in versions via Administration Server → Properties → 

Administration Server → Properties

Otherwise, I’m thinking about what KES version you have on your hosts? With Device control there are some known issues, see this article for more details.

Cheers,
Milan

Dear @MilanBortel,

Thank you for your feedback. Everything is up to date (Net Agent 12.0.0.7734, KES for Win 11.4.0.233) as it was a scratch install. The previous version was  11.0.0.1131 and everything worked as expected though I had to move the KSC server from win server 2008 to Win server 2019, what do you propose I do? downgrade?

Hello @jeo,

from my point of view I can’t see anything wrong on your side :( Eventually, you’ll have to submit a ticket for official technical support. You can do this via Company Portal

Then you continue with:

And finally specify the details:

It happened to me before - that the Device Control was not able to deal with a certain type of device - and the support replied that it’s a known issue and will be fixed in next release.. So, of course there bugs in the products ;)

Wish you luck and let me know of the result :)

Cheers,
Milan