Block Youtube on Phone, but allow on PC

Thomi

Hello, 

Any advise on my situation. i.e., 

I like to restrict Youtube on phone ( App & browser allowing Browser for other general use) with Youtube allowed on PC.  i.e., if I understand,  I can block Youtube Browser through Web monitoring feature, however It  doesn’t work per device like App monitoring ?

I like to restrict YouTube on phone ( App & browser allowing Browser for other general use) with YouTube allowed on PC.  i.e., if I understand,  I can block YouTube Browser through Web monitoring feature, however It  doesn’t work per device like App monitoring ?

Hello @Thomi,

Welcome!

If the phone is an Android, the YouTube app can be blocked/forbidden in App monitoring

💥But, when you apply the Web activity monitoring rules, it’s not possible to separate which rules apply to PC & which rules apply to phone - blocking/forbidding YouTube, will affect both the phone & the PC, if YouTube is accessed via a browser💥

⚠ Also, if the phone is an iOS, it’s not possible to change specific settings for applications regardless of their category.

⚠ &, if the phone is an iOS, it’s not possible to change settings for application categories

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife  

Thanks for the quick reply. The setup is a PC @home and a Phone in hand. We have no problem allowing Youtube on the PC (browser or App) which is a fixed device at home.  However, like to block youtube on App and browser on phone (goes along with the child) without blocking the browser App itself . I guess, this is a known gap currently ? 

Hello @Thomi

You’re most welcome!

For the phone, using KSK,  App monitoring, YouTube, Forbidden when your child tries to use the YouTube app, YouTube will be blocked 🛑 , but, IF, you wish to also block/forbid access to YouTube via the browser when the child is using the phone, but let him/her access YouTube on the home PC, it’s not possible, because, the Web activity monitoring rules apply to both phone & PC at the same time, unfortunately Web activity monitoring rules cannot be split - the same rules apply to each device. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Thomi

You’re most welcome!

We agree, in a multi-platform environment, having the option to manage Web activity monitoring on (a) device(s) independently, is a must have; thank you for highlighting the issue👏

It’s a good starting point to log it with the KSK developers, to do so please follow these steps:

On the Kaspersky support page, select either Chat or Email, the select either, I have a Suggestion or I have a Complaint template;  include the reference to your Community topic & any other information that supports & defines the issue(s).

If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.

Note, not all suggestions are implemented &, if it’s approved, the development/implementation process may take a long time, sometimes a very long time.

• When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 months later...
  • The topic was locked