Block an app running on Windows 11 from accessing the internet

I recently purchased a 2-year licence for Kasperksy Plus, but I've temporarily uninstalled it from my laptop because I couldn't fathom out how to do something, which I'll now explain: I use a program called "Ashampoo Burning Studio" [version 16], which I use to create CD's from my music collection to play in my car. The problem is, the program drives me mad with constant, intrusive adverts to upgrade and/or purchase new products, so when I was using my previous antivirus (Avast), I set a rule to block the program from accessing the internet, while allowing it to do everything else. I did try to do this with Kaspersky, but I must have done something wrong because although it blocked the adverts, when I came to burn a CD, the program stalled and I wasn't able to do it. I confirmed it was Kaspersky that was causing the problem by disabling it for a few minutes and I was then able to burn a CD as normal. Can anyone walk me through the steps I would need to follow to achieve what I want to do? Thanks in advance.

@BrianEWelcome Back!

You can try to block the application from connecting to the internet as follows:

Spoiler

Open the Kaspersky graphical interface

01.thumb.png.4fdcd758e6f53564a7768119ef0dabd0.png

When you click to manage applications, a list will be displayed with all the programs and companies that developed the installed applications. At this point, simply locate the name of the Ashampoo Burning Studio supplier and click to block the internet connection. Once you have done this, the application and all subfiles will be blocked from accessing the internet.

02.thumb.png.981519437ba71b6803110a07c5639c1d.png

I hope I helped in some way 🙂 

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 4