Authorization required???

spyros
Go to solution Solved by Antinomio,

Ho everyone. I have installed Safe Kids in my sons’s PC and mobile since a few months now. Lately, I cannot enter the KIDS area, since I get a message: 

Authorization is required

Authorization information is outdated, for example, due to a password change or reset.

I can log in in MyKaspersky Account, but cannot enter further more into KIDS section.
Any help would be highly appreciated!

Hello @spyros

Welcome!

1. Confirm System requirements are all met? 
  2. Confirm all Windows updates have a successful status ?
  3. Is the “Authorization is required, Authorization information is outdated, for example, due to a password change or reset” issue happening in all Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium? 
  4. If a browser is run in Private mode, does “Authorization is required. Authorization information is outdated, for example, due to a password change or reset” issue persist? 
  5. Uninstall KSK  
  6. Clean install KSK 
  7. Monitor for the issue, if the issue returns, create a request in your MyKaspersky account - refer following image, fill in Application malfunctionOther template, include a full history, the URL/link to this community topic, a GSI & Windows logs, images and all actions taken; Support may request Traces, if so they will guide you with the correct steps:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please post the incident # here in your topic? 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

The same issue for me. I have checked all you write but KSF is not working. 

Hello @Antinomio

Welcome!

• There’s been several reports, similar to yours, (ioo), it’s possibly a bug, Kaspersky Technical Team need to be consulted, please do the following: create a request in your MyKaspersky account - refer following image, fill in Application malfunctionOther template, include a full history, the URL/link to this community topic, a GSI & Windows logs, images and all actions taken; Support may request Traces, if so they will guide you with the correct steps:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks. I am seeing other messages with the same problem, and all of them submitted in the last days. It seems it is Kaspesky that is having a trouble:  the application worked fine (so no compatibility trouble) and suddenly it stops working.

What could happen if I delete my account? Could I create it again and introduce my serial number with no problem? Perhaps that’s the solution, because I think that the problem is that some users have been blocked by Kaspesky. I tried to create a new account with annother email and I was able to. It is clear that there is no software problem: it is a problem with accounts.

Best regards.

Hello @Antinomio,

• We really do understand, however, because there appears to be a Kaspersky issue, it’s important that the Kaspersky Team are involved. 
  • On the Support contacts page, choose your location, select Application use, check if Online Chat & or Phone are available, if “yes”, make contact, advise them the INC# & request their support. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks for your reply.

1. They have sent me an email asking me for my serial number and my purchase order (I have sent both)
  2. They say trouble is because I had exceeded the number of activations allowed (I do not know why… I have done only one activaton).
  3. My INC# is INC000012029654. After the chat a new one was also generated (INC000012033263).

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Best regards.

Ps: Not working yet. The same error. I keep waiting.

Hello @Antinomio,

You’re most welcome☺ !

1. Why did they give a new INC when the original INC was not resolved? 
  2. When “Authorization is required. Authorization information is outdated, for example, due to a password change or reset” errors occurred, did you also receive “exceeded the number of activations allowed” error alerts? 
  3. How long ago did you first install & apply the KSK license? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

It is been really hard to get a solution with Kaspesky:

1. I do not know why they gave ma another INC. And now I receive different messages for the same problem. But they ask me to do different things. One of them told me that I had exceeded the number of activations allowed (as I mentioned before) and that it was simple to solve… but I keep waiting. The other ask me to send him screenshots of my restrictions to children computers… But it is imposible! I can not access to “Children” panel, so it is imposible to send that information to them!
  2. It only appears the first message you mentioned. “exceeded the number of activations allowed” is not been showing.
  3. I installed a trial software for 5 days (it worked fine then) and I bought and installed the premium on saturday 24. The last day it worked was the 25… that is, it worked just for one day.

Thanks a lot for your help and attention.

Best Regards.

Hello @Antinomio

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the update👌

• Sometimes dealing with Kaspersky 1st level can be extremely difficult; (ioo) having 2 INCs for the same issue would not be helping at all, it does not make sense, they should merge the duplicate requests. 
  • Did you tell the 2nd Support person you cannot access KSK to provide the data? What did he say? 
  • They have to help you!

Please share the outcome with the Community when they do give some assistance? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• Solution

Thanks for your kind reply.

Kaspesky has unified my duplicate request and now they have finally solved my problem with no need of sending attached files. I suppose they reset my user id and it solved the problem. 

On the other hand the problem began in a very strange way: at first I could not see all the web activity of my children. They were connected and Kaspesky reported that they were not. Some hours later I could not access to “Children” panel. 

Thanks again for all your help and patience these days. And please be safe!