Applications on PC do not show in Safe Kids

Marcus Fexius

It appears some of the applications in my PC do not show under the list of applications I can block on Safe Kids. The same applications are also not showing under the application usage report. So far the missing apps are Google Chrome (for PC) and the Epic Games app/Fortnite. Why would any app not show up on Safe Kids, and how can I track/manage the missing apps?

• 3 months later...

It appears some of the applications in my PC do not show under the list of applications I can block on Safe Kids. The same applications are also not showing under the application usage report. So far the missing apps are Google Chrome (for PC) and the Epic Games app/Fortnite. Why would any app not show up on Safe Kids, and how can I track/manage the missing apps?

Hello @Marcus Fexius

Welcome!

• Very unusual for Chrome not to be listed in KSK Application management, for Fortnite, there could be a number of reasons. 

We tested both issues, using Windows 10, v1909; KSK v1.0.5.6390(f), we’re unable to replicate the problems:

Please do the following:

1. Check all Windows updates have a “successfully applied” status?
  2. Uninstall KSK
  3. Download, clean install KSK,
  4. Configure KSK
  5. Recheck “Chrome & Fortnite not appearing in KSK Application monitoring list” & “Chrome & Fortnite are not showing under the Application usage report” ? If the issues persists, raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template - refer image 8 above, include:
  •  A detailed history?
  • What caused the problem?
  • Did you try to solve the problem? How?
  • Text from an error message? Screenshot? Video?
  • Community topic URL?
  • Support may request traces & or other data, they will guide you
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋