Application database is extremely out of date

Go to solution Solved by alexcad,

Hi,

I have 2 servers on which Kaspersky Security for Windows Server 10.1.2.996 is installed. I have installed these clients from Kaspersky Security Center 11. When I execute an update task from the center I get “Completed on 2 devices”. However if I start the interface on the server, I see “Application database is exemely out of date”. So, how can this be?

Hello,

Do you have any patches installed for KSWS 10.1.2? If not, I strongly recommend you to request and install the Core 10 patch from the Support.

Hi @Oleg Bykov,

I never heard of Core 10 patch .. could you provide more details, pls? I do have 13 servers running KSWS 10.1.2.996 and I am a bit nervous about the fact, that the product has not been updated for a long long time :( Compared to KES, which is evolving much faster..

Thanks for feedback!

Milan

Hi Milan,

No need to be nervous, if everything is working so far (except the Update task), then there’s nothing to worry about. The KSWS patches are not automatic, this is true, but if there’s something really critical, we’ll release it as an autopatch, of course.

Still, I'd recommend getting the Core 10 patch and installing it. By the way, we’re preparing a new release - KSWS 11. So we also have some evolution going on. :)

Hi Milan,

No need to be nervous, if everything is working so far (except the Update task), then there’s nothing to worry about. The KSWS patches are not automatic, this is true, but if there’s something really critical, we’ll release it as an autopatch, of course.

Still, I'd recommend getting the Core 10 patch and installing it. By the way, we’re preparing the new release - KSWS 11. So we also have some evolution going on. :)

Hi Oleg,

yeah, I’ve seen the roadmap ;) KSWS 11 should’ve been around since Q2/2020 ..

Anyway, I’ll ask Ales Buba for the patch :)

Cheers,
Milan

I contacted support as suggested in the first reply.

I received a Core 6 critical fix, but that didn’t help (I’m suprised to see here that there is already a patch core 10). In the end I installed the console on both servers and they are now updating correctly. Unfortunately I can no longer use the security center, but since it’s only about 2 servers, I can handle them manually.