Anti-Ransomware Tool v4 - Receiving an error when trying to install in silent mode

I am trying to install in silent mode using the /q option as it is stated as one of the options with version 4.0 of the Anti-Ransomware Tool. When I do, I receive a pop-up window error - The command you entered contains settings error. Show help for the silent installation in your browser ? I cannot proceed from there. Any thoughts ?

These are the instructions I found on line to install in silent mode. The instructions can be found here: https://help.kaspersky.com/KART/3.1/en-US/146392.htm The first instruction states this: Open the email you received to download Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business and click the Terms and conditions link. The End User License Agreement, the Privacy Policy, and the Supplemental Statement will be downloaded to your computer. There is no Terms and Conditions link in the email that i received. However I can download the tool. But still, I cannot install the product in complete silent mode.

Hello MikeBarone . To install product you need to pass some additional parameters through command line, like that: /q AGREETOEULA=1 AGREETO_SUPPLEMENTAL_STATEMENT=1 AGREETOPRIVACYPOLICY=1 ADWARE_DETECT=1 because of legal requirements. The example is given here: https://help.kaspersky.com/KART/3.1/en-US/146392.htm You can find more installation options here: https://help.kaspersky.com/KART/3.1/en-US/156605.htm

The one thing that is mentioned on the website is the screenshot below. However, there is no Terms and Conditions link in the email that I receive. Therefore, I do not receive these files (as I mentioned this above). I am assuming that I need these files before having the ability to install version 4 in silent mode. Can anyone verify if this is true ? Thanks much for your input !

MikeBarone indeed, you are right. Please have a look at USER_MODE parameter description at https://help.kaspersky.com/KART/3.1/en-US/156605.htm USER_MODE: Select the Administrator mode. 0 – User with email reports (by default) 1 – User 2 – Administrator this parameter is marked as "Optional", but default value is "0 – User with email reports" so it requires additional options related to user's e-mail settings. If you need "user with reports" please specify missing options for that, or use "1 – User" or "2 – Administrator" values, so the command line will be e.g.: /q AGREETOEULA=1 AGREETO_SUPPLEMENTAL_STATEMENT=1 AGREETOPRIVACYPOLICY=1 ADWARE_DETECT=1 USER_MODE=1

Sergey - Thanks for taking the time to look into this. Now these parameters you mention just above work. However, I was going for something more glamorous for a full silent install - which was not working for me in silent mode when I originally tried it. When I tried with user_mode=0 with the parameters filled out, it did not work. I am going to try again and see what happens. Mike

I am receiving an error when using the switches in the command line: AGREETOEULA=1 AGREETO_SUPPLEMENTAL_STATEMENT=1 AGREETOPRIVACYPOLICY=1 ADWARE_DETECT=1 USER_MODE=0 SENDER_EMAIL="Mike_Barone@Trepp.Com" USER="Mike Barone" ADMIN_EMAIL="Mike_Barone@TREPP.COM" SMTP_SERVER=XXXX.Com SMTP_PORT=25 REPORTS_TYPE=WEEKLY REPORTS_DAY=1 REPORTS_TIME=00:00 See screenshot below. Thanks much !

• 3 weeks later...
MikeBarone please try to specify REPORTS_TYPE=WEEKLY in lower case: AGREETOEULA=1 AGREETO_SUPPLEMENTAL_STATEMENT=1 AGREETOPRIVACYPOLICY=1 ADWARE_DETECT=1 USER_MODE=0 SENDER_EMAIL="Mike_Barone@Trepp.Com" USER="Mike Barone" ADMIN_EMAIL="Mike_Barone@TREPP.COM" SMTP_SERVER=XXXX.Com SMTP_PORT=25 REPORTS_TYPE=weekly REPORTS_DAY=1 REPORTS_TIME=00:00 Hope dev team will fix this in next release.