[Android] I got a small sprite on my screen. When I touch it a translucent rectangle starts scrolling up and down and when I touch it I get a fake menu with icons which leads to nowhere. [Closed]

madeinlisboa
Go to solution Solved by madeinlisboa,

Help! I'm getting desperate with this. Suddenly I got a small sprite on my screen. When I touch it a translucent rectangle starts scrolling up and down and when I touch it I get a fake menu with icons which leads to nowhere. No virus or threat is reported.
Hello madeinlisboa, Welcome! Please tell us
  1. (1) Android operating system name? version? build?
To find the information go to Settings, scroll to the very bottom of the screen, select About or About Device
  1. (2) KIS version?
To find the information, open KIS application, select 3 horizontal bars in top right corner of the application, scroll to the very bottom of the screen, select About
  1. (3) Where was KIS installed from?
  2. (4) Has Developer mode been activated?
  3. (5) Do you have automatic backups of all critical data, contacts, etc?
If not please backup your phone as a first step.
  1. (6) Have any Multi-Tasking, Floating functions/settings been activated or enabled?
  2. (7) Is the "sprite"
this little guy? --- If the translucent rectangle / sprite prevent you from find or accessing any of the above, please let me know? Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3:.

1. It's 6.0 , kernel 3.18.22+, build 2.6.2_20180126 2. 11.28.4.2304 3. PlayStore 4. Yes - Developer mode 5. Yes - Backups 6. No - Multi-Tasking, Floating functions/ Manager 7. Yes - Sprite.
Hello madeinlisboa, Thank you so much for replying:pray_tone3:.
  1. How long has KIS been installed?
  2. Please "detail" for me why root mode access/Developer mode has been granted?
  3. Please install Mobizen Screen Recorder - capture all the issues: translucent scrolling, sprite, etc., post back please, note: you may need to zip the movie, upload the .zip file.
  4. Please disable Developer mode, reboot - FULL shutdown (not restart), recheck, are: translucent scrolling up-down rectangle, fake menu icons & sprite, still presenting?
Please let me know? Thanks so much.

Hello madeinlisboa, As well as my previous post, if disabling "Developer" mode does not get rid of "translucent scrolling up-down rectangle, fake menu icons & the little sprite: Make sure Developer Mode is disabled, go to Settings, Select CACHED DATA Select CLEAR Shutdown phone, choosing SHUTDOWN, not Restart. Power on phone Recheck issue, fixed? :clap_tone3: Not fixed? :disappointed_relieved:Let me know? Thanks.

Thank you for your answer. I installed KIS yesterday precisely to check if I could get rid of this. I deleted cache and dalvik cache after having disabled developer mode. It's still there :(
Hello madeinlisboa, Thank you for replying. Don't worry about the ?, length of time, I like ?'s.
  1. Did translucent scrolling up-down rectangle, fake menu icons & sprite preceed Developer Mode being enabled?
  2. Can you let me know why Developer Mode/root access was granted ?
  3. When DM was activated, what DM features were changed / enabled - please list each one ?
  4. Since disabling DM and clearing android cache, has the phone been fully shutdown, if not please do so, if "yes" please clear cache again & reboot the phone - to full shutdown,, again.
  5. Please download, install & run AIDA64
To run start AIDA64 application select 3 vertical dots (top right hand corner), select Send Report in Email, select Save to Drive, select Save, upload the file and pm the link please? Note, Aida is very safe, does not disclose any personal info. Note1: If you don't use Drive, email the report to yourself, upload to cloud storage of your choice & pm the link. Please post back? Thank you.

Thank you for your help. Developer mode was unlocked for rooting (USB debugging was enabled). And root access was just for uninstalling lots of unnecessary apps. But this was done 1 year ago. I shut down the tablet, started form recovery mode, cleaned cache and dalvik and restarted again. Thanks

Thank you for your help. Developer mode was unlocked for rooting (USB debugging was enabled). And root access was just for uninstalling lots of unnecessary apps. But this was done 1 year ago. I shut down the tablet, started form recovery mode, cleaned cache and dalvik and restarted again.
Hello madeinlisboa, Thanks for replying.
  1. Please download, install & run AIDA64
  2. To run start AIDA64 application select 3 vertical dots (top right hand corner), select Send Report in Email, select Save to Drive, select Save, upload the file and pm the link please?
Note, Aida is very safe, does not disclose any personal info. Note1: If you don't use Drive, email the report to yourself, upload to cloud storage of your choice & pm the link. Please post back? Thank you.

• Solution
Solved. It isn't a virus or whatever. It is a accessibility scan service which ought be used with a special keyboard. It got enabled, god knows how and why. It was marked as ON but in the service panel was OFF. I switched ON and OFF again and I got rid of it finally! I enabled "Show CPU usage" in the developer option and "com.limbika.ahud" was showing all the time. I googled it and found what the service was. Thanks a lot for your help!

Cute but was driving me mad :laughing:Thanks a lot for your help!
You're very welcome madeinlisboa, I'm delighted the mystery is solved. My advice, stay away from Sprites, cute or not:joy: One other thing to check, Android 6 has an inbuilt virus scan application/function, check carefully as it may cause problems with KISA automated scans. Thank you again.