Allow all Learning MGT Systems

Allow schoology

Hello @Allow schoology,

Welcome!

To allow us to test, please post:

1. Full screen images of Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK) blocking schoology?
  2. Child’s age? 
  3. KSK version?
  4. Windows version? 
  5. Is KSK premium/subscription license or free? 

🔴 Edit/update, testing may be a tad difficult, due to the schoology “sign-up” requirements, please post as much information as possible so we can verify the issue/s you’re complaining about are actually due to KSK?🔴  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 2 months later...

The problem tends to be with embeded frames in schoology most of the time. They are just blocked with no alerts in Kaspersky and hence no way to know why it is being blocked. My only guess is the way the embeded frame is setup is a standard bypass method for Kaspersky hence they block it.  I to am at the point where I just have to disable Kaspersky otherwise the kids can’t do school, hence making it worthless.  If it can’t be fixed maybe a time to turn on and off Kaspersky kids so I can disable during school and enable other times.

Hello @Cordmp,

Welcome!

• Please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template, provide as much information as possible, steps taken, Community URL; Support may request: traces, data, logs, they will guide you. 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Same issue here.  Can’t not view embedded videos my son’s school has posted (the web domain for the videos is iad.cdn.nv.instructuremedia.com).  By turning off Kaspersky Safe Kids, the videos showed up and my son was able to view them.  I’ve checked the site and it has been categorized as Education.  I am using the free version of Safe Kids and only blocked Adult and Anonymizers sites.  I’ve added the instructuremedia.com into the Allowed list and still nothing works.

Hi @FN09 , please log a case with technical support as per the instruction from Flood above. Kindly let me know the incident number.

Please collect traces with issue reproduction. How to collect traces: https://support.kaspersky.com/13191

• enable traces
  • restart Safe Kids (exit and start again)
  • reproduce the issue with embedded videos
  • copy the traces to desktop (or some other folder)
  • attach the traces to your incident to technical suppor
  • disable traces

Thank you.

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife,

That was a link posted on my son’s school website which requires a login.  I will try to copy the link out and post here later but it won’t work outside the school portal.  With the Safe Kids on, the videos didn’t even show up and all I saw was a traffic light symbol from Safe Kids.  Pausing the Safe Kids and voila, I could see and play the videos

Hello @FN09

Thank you for posting back & the information👌

1. We did do some investigation, basing it on the understanding the resource would require authentication, which makes it very difficult to trouble shoot, however, the URL may be useful if it’s available please? 
  2. Regarding “ all I saw was a KSK traffic light symbol” , is it possible to have an image of this please? 
  3. If the device is a PC or Laptop, Traces collection is as follows: 

Rightclick the KSK icon, select Settings

Sign into KSK 

Select Log events from the Settings menu

Tick Log events, tick Consent, select Save → Traces are running

KSK, Incident template

With Traces, the goal is to replicate the issue, several times, as speedily as possible, traces may be BIG

Follow @Igor Kurzin’s steps:

1. Enable traces.
  2. Restart KSK → exit and start again.
  3. Reproduce the embedded videos issue.
  4. Save the traces to desktop (or some other folder).
  5. Disable traces
  6. Upload the traces to any cloud service of your choice, e.g. IceDrive, MegaDrive, OneDrive, DropBox; create a share link to the data, add the Traces share-link to the INC request. 
  7. To log the incident, follow image 5 (above) incident template. 
  8. Regarding KSK Free, Kaspersky has discretion to make exceptions. 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite is when it blocks things like kami redirects to login to google, and then you login to a parent account and try the same thing and it still blocks it. The minute you quit the application it works, Turn it back on and it stops working again. Not sure why the application is in the middle of an unrestricted users browsing.

My favorite is when it blocks things like kami redirects to login to google, and then you login to a parent account and try the same thing and it still blocks it. The minute you quit the application it works, Turn it back on and it stops working again. Not sure why the application is in the middle of an unrestricted users browsing.

Hello @Cordmp

Welcome!

🅰 Is  Software, audio, video Category blocked/forbidden? 

We’d like to test, please help by providing as much information as possible: 

1. Your child’s birth year please?
  2. May we have a full screen image when Kami is blocked →  hide any private information??
  3. May we have a full screen image when Google is blocked → hide any private information?
  4. Have any Allow exclusions been added? 
  5. Which KSK version & patch(x) is installed → on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About
  6. When “kami redirects to login to google, and then you login to a parent account and try the same thing and it still blocks it”, are you signed into the child’s computer, using the child’s Windows account and then into KSK as the parent, or something else? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I submitted a trace, the error is that it just says not permitted my guess is it is messing with the auth. Again this happens when I am in as child account or as my unrestricted parent account. TLSv3  or something else maybe you are trying to get in the middle of? Not sure. hopefully trace will show. Although again I don’t know why Kids is in the middle of a user that does not have restrictions or on a computer that Internet filtering is off.

Hello @Cordmp

Thank you for posting back.

We tested as follows:

Set child’s birth year as 2012, logged into child Windows account, as child attempted access to Kami, using Google account, KSK initially blocked Kami as KSK Category:  Software, audio, video was Forbidden, we changed KSK Category:  Software, audio, video to Allowed → Kami works fine✅:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Cordmp

Thank you for posting back.

We tested as follows:

Set child’s birth year as 2012, logged into child Windows account, as child attempted access to Kami, using Google account, KSK initially blocked Kami as KSK Category:  Software, audio, video was Forbidden, we changed KSK Category:  Software, audio, video to Allowed → Kami works fine✅:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

How do I do that for an account w/o internet filtering turned on or a parent account?

Hello @Cordmp

You’re most welcome!

🅰

1. Make sure KSK Web activity monitoring is OFF
  2. Make sure KSK Application monitoring is OFF
  3. Create a System restore point.
  4. Run Windows in Safe mode
  5. Clear the following temp folders:
  1.  C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp → USER = YOUR NAME, repeat the step for your child’s User profile name
  1. C:\Windows\Temp
  2. Return to Windows normal mode.

🅱

1. Create a new Windows parent account.
  2. Logout, shutdown Computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login as new parent. 
  3. Ensure KSK is configured to recognise the new parent.
  4. Recheck Kami. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋