After upgrading another application, Total security is preventing Thunderbird accessing yahoo IMAP

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi

A couple of nights ago I installed an update to an application (IAR embedded workbench). Whilst going through the upgrade procedure I had to deal with numerous pops asking if I trusted the application

Anyhow after installing that update, my installation of Thunderbird is now unable to connect to Yahoo's imap server. If I quite Total security then thunderbird can send and receive emails. The problem is with Kaspersky. I have spent a lot of time trawling forums trying to find what the problem is, but without success. I have no idea what has happened.

Can someone please give me some suggestions as to what is wrong.

Thanks

Andrew

• Solution
1 hour ago, TheMaster said:

Can someone please give me some suggestions as to what is wrong.

Hello @TheMaster, Andrew,

Welcome!

KTS 21.3 has a known bug - Kaspersky has resolved in their new version 21.6. 

There's two options, manually apply a KTS 21.3 fix or upgrade to Kaspersky Plus, the upgrade is free & is 'like-for-like'

Manual fix, please follow these steps: 

1. Open Kaspersky Total Security (KTS), select Settings⚙, select General, uncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes to confirm the action.
  2. Exit KTS - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  4. Start KTS.
  5. Enable Self-Defense.
  6. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  7. Re-check the issue?

Upgrade, please follow these steps: 

Read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.  & IF proceeding with the upgrade:

Follow these steps to prepare, uninstall & install: 

1. Do a System backup. 
  2. *Important* make sure the KTS *Activation code* is stored in (your) MyKaspersky account. 
  3. Export KTS Settings/configuration. Follow: How to export application settings.  (Do not Import into the new app, it's a backup config only at the moment).
  4. Uninstall KTS, follow: How to uninstall the application, do not Save any data for future use - except for *License information* Data vault - IF you've ever created & used the Data vaults. 
  5. *Upgrade* to Kaspersky Plus: use *link*. How to install the application
  6. Make sure to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account -> from the Kaspersky Plus app, to ensure the app & the account synchronise & the license information is validated?  
  7. At the completion of the upgrade, make sure the computer is shutdown, rebooted. 
  8. After logging back in, run a Full scan - make sure it's clean. 
  • Any issues, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling😌

Thank you for your replies.

I have upgraded my installation of Kaspersky Total Security. It is 21.3.10.391.

Thunderbird is working again 🙂

I needed to install a certificate from this location into Firefox and Thunderbird:

C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Data\Cert

Kind regards

Andrew

• Like 1