Adult content reset to allowed on Kidsafe

MikeinDC

Hi, 

Question regarding content blocking.  On at least two occasions I have gone into settings to find that adult content has been reset to allowed from forbidden.  Is it possible that there is some glitch that is causing this?  I use a really complicated password for the system, so it is hard for me to imagine that my child has somehow figured it out and reset it themselves.  

Thanks,

MikeinDC

Hello @MikeinDC

Welcome back☺ !

• Regarding “child has somehow figured out how to reset KSK ”, most unlikely, however, if you’re not using 2FA it’s highly recommended to do so. 
  • Regarding “ Is it possible that there is some glitch that is causing this ?”, yes, please do the following:
  1. Confirm System requirements are all met? 
  2. Confirm all Windows updates have a successful status ?
  3. Uninstall KSK 
  4. Clean install KSK 
  5. Monitor for a reasonable period, we’d suggest a fortnight to a month, collect screen prints & dates & times along the way, if the issue returns, create a request in your MyKaspersky account - refer following image, fill in Application malfunction, Other template, include a full history, the URL/link to this community topic, a GSI & Windows logs, Support may request Traces, if so they will guide you with the correct steps

• 6 After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • 7 Please post the incident # here in your topic? 
  • 8 Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife 

Hi, thanks for the response.  I just updated the client on both his computer and his mobile device, making sure the OS was up to date and that we’re using the latest Kaspersky client.  It’s definitely very strange.  I’m wondering if I’m doing something that is causing it to shut off.  Since my child is schooling from home due to the pandemic, he is on his laptop all day.  In order to keep him focused on his work I turn off all functionality except what he exactly needs during school and then in the afternoon run back on apps and websites leaving the restrictions in place. 

I’ll take screen captures of the current settings so that I have a record and do the same when I see it happen again.  Hopefully just a fluke.  

I’ll update if I see it again.

I see you updated your moniker.  Are congratulations in order?

Best regards,  Mike

Hello @MikeinDC,

Thank you for the update👌

Re congratulations, that’s very kind of you, but no, we’ve been together for a very long time, the “update” was due to unreasonable and pedantic Kaspersky micro-management. 

Do keep us informed of the outcome of the “resetting” issue please? 

If you haven’t activated 2FA we do recommend it be done.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋