Ads in my desktop (with payed version)

alxhander

Hello @alxhander,

Welcome!

Please tell us:

1. KAV version & patch ?
  2. Are Receive informational messages and advertisements from KasperskyShow information about special offers & Receive informational messages and advertisements after the current license expires unchecked? 

• Has the “ads” always been a problem or started recently? If “started recently”, when? & what changed in the 24hrs preceeding the issue?

Please post back?

Thank you

• 1 year later...

I have been having the same problem over the past few weeks, even though I have the “show information about special offers” unchecked.  Here are screen shots from today.  What else do I need to do to stop these intrusions?

Kaspesky ad

I have been having the same problem over the past few weeks, even though I have the “show information about special offers” unchecked.  Here are screen shots from today.  What else do I need to do to stop these intrusions?

Hello @smedes

Welcome!

It appears as tho an older version of KIS may be installed? When KIS was originally installed, there was an “install Kaspersky Password manager (KPM)option, if that’s allowed to process as a default, i.e. “yes, install KPM”, these alerts will be the result. 🤔

Please share with us: 

1. Operating system version & build
  2. KIS version & patch(x) → on Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KIS icon, select About
  3. In KIS main window, does KPM look similar to our image 1 below? 

The way to resolve: 

1. Uninstall KIS, save License information ONLY → do not check any other check boxes. 
  2. Shutdown the PC using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  3. Download KIS (version 21.3.10.391) MR3
  4. Do the Before installing steps ? 
  5. Install KIS, during the install look for a “install Kaspersky Password manager” statement & do not accept or approve; allow the install to finish, including a reboot of the PC. 
  6. Run a manual Database update - allow it to complete? 
  7. Run a manually Full scan → allow it to complete? 
  8. In KIS, Settings, Interface, Notification, select the Notifications you wish to receive → image 2
  9. Monitor for KPM advertising offers
  • Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋