Add new Microsoft Teams to trusted applications.

Hi,

How can I add Microsoft Teams to trusted applications? I am using the new Teams and I wish to stop Kaspersky from scanning it. The path is:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSTeams_24193.1805.3040.8975_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

This path changes with every update so I cannot add this using the traditional method of adding a path and exe. 

It's Universal App ID is:

MSTeams_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MSTeams

This is constant but there is no path info.

Microsoft recommends adding the EXE name but I can't add this to Kaspersky. Link.

Thanks

Mark.

@Surfrat Welcome

Couldn't you find the Microsoft Teams executable on your system?

Perhaps you could use Everything for this, as it is a helper tool that allows you to search your entire system.

Downloads - voidtools

Once you find the executable and add it to the Intrusion Prevention module, any child process of the main Teams process will inherit any rules you set for the parent process.

When you find the parent process, for example, Teams.exe you can check the following boxes within the intrusion prevention module.

Spoiler

Open Kaspersky and click on security

Scroll down and under "Intrusion Prevention" click on "Manage Applications"

Right-click on the Trusted group → Add application to group (the app will be added to the trusted group)

Right-click on the installer and/or executable recently added to the group and choose "Details and rules"

Click on the "Exclusions" tab

Select the following boxes:

→ Do not inherit restrictions from the main process (application)

→ Do not monitor the activity of secondary applications

→ Apply exclusion recursively

The procedure I outlined above will stop Kaspersky from scanning the Teams main process and its sub-processes 👍

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 2

Thanks for your reply.

You are missing the point of my post. Of course I can 

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSTeams_24193.1805.3040.8975_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ms-teams.exe

I said previously that the path changes with every update. So this "24193.1805.3040.8975" will be constantly changing.

How do I get around this?

@Surfrat

With all due respect and without offending anyone, but I believe you lack a little knowledge on the subject...

As I said, all subprocesses of the parent process (Teams.exe) will inherit the rules defined in this process, so defining the exclusions as I mentioned will be applied to all Microsoft Teams subprocesses (regardless of changing the directory or not).

Before responding to the topic, try to do what I told you.

Apologies, I missed the point of your post. Thanks for your input.

This section is already filled with Teams entries.

Please see the attached screenshot.

What would you recommend?

I am chasing a Teams freeze problem and wanted to make sure Kaspersky was not involved. I am inclined to delete all the existing Teams entries and start again.

1.png