Ad block on YouTube works for a while then quits

difalkner

Windows 10 Pro, using Edge and Chrome, Kaspersky Total Security - ad block works on all YouTube videos for a day or two then all of a sudden stops blocking ads.  If I restart my computer then ads are blocked again for another length of time, sometimes up to a week.  

Why does it stop working and what can I do to fix this?  All protection is enabled and the anti-banner icon shows 99+ being blocked so I know it’s doing something.  It started doing this several months ago and I’ve changed nothing in my setup, ads just started showing up.

Thanks!

David

Hello @difalkner, David,

Welcome!

• According to Kaspersky Support, the number seen in the icon,  shows the sum of events trapped by Anti-Banner & Private browsing, in our image, atm, only Anti-Banner has trapped events
  1. Which version & patch of KTS is installed → on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. If the Kaspersky extension is disabled (image 2), the browser exited & restarted, Kaspersky extension re-enabled, does “Ad block on YouTube appears to repeatedly not work” issue persist? 
  3. Log a case with  Kaspersky Technical Support, they can help you troubleshoot, to find out why “Ad block on YouTube appears to repeatedly not work”; Support may ask for Traces, collected as the problem is replicated & KTS logs & other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @difalkner

Thank you for posting back & the information👌

• ❕ KTS is up to version 21.2.16.590(b), please update & monitor the issue:

To update please follow these steps:

1. Create a System restore point
  2. Check system for any software conflicts?
  3. Uninstall KTS, save License information only
  4. Download new KTS installer 
  5. Install KTS
  6. After rebooting, make sure KTS is started?
  7. Run a manual Database update → allow it to complete
  8. Shutdown computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  9. Make sure KTS is started, check patch(b) has been applied? 
  10. Run a Full scan, allow it to complete.
  11. Monitor the “Ad block on YouTube works for a while then quits” issue? 
  • Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Still curious as to why the auto update didn’t stay current, even though it says it updated 8 minutes before I posted my question. David

Hello @difalkner, David,

Thank you for the progress report👌

Version updates are different to Database updates. 

It appears as tho Database updates were & are working fine, somehow the latest  Version update did not take place. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Not long after I provided the update above, where it seemed to be working, it stopped working.

In response to your earlier question - 

If the Kaspersky extension is disabled (image 2), the browser exited & restarted, Kaspersky extension re-enabled, does “Ad block on YouTube appears to repeatedly not work” issue persist? 

Yes, it still persists.  The only way I have found to get it working again is to restart my computer.

David

Hello @difalkner, David,

Thank you for the progress report👌

• Disappointing, something is amiss, please proceed with logging a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the steps we provided in our first reply 5th Feb, 2020. 
  • Support will request Traces, run as the issue is replicated, they will guide you. 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋