Activating an out of range product.

Morph000

11 hours ago, Morph000 said:

I'm wondering if it's possible to activate a product that's out of the -1/+3 licensing range.

eg If I downloaded KIS 2019, how could I activate it?

Or maybe just buy an unopened copy somewhere...

Hello @Morph000

Welcome back!

Previous advice we've had from the Kaspersky Technical Team:

3-1.thumb.jpg.61fb9034b0da90dd52267a04643c500b.jpg

https://support.kaspersky.com/common/buy/12192

👉Because that advice was provided in 2020 - it would be best to ask Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Activation and license issues, Other template - please include a *detailed* history. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar

Thanks for the reply.

I'd imagine (expect) that Kaspersky would have one database to ensure a comprehensive data source, so "Premium support" would be no better off than regular "Customer support".

The "World class experts" as per the Kaspersky claim must be on holidays.

If there's a fix for a problem, everyone there should have access to it, although they don't seem to have one for the issue I and numerous others have, hence my desire to go back a few years and hope their software doesn't have the same bug.

As for KIS 2019, current products like Premium do not use activation codes, so I'd have to confirm they'd work with current activation methods.

17 minutes ago, Morph000 said:
  1. I'd imagine (expect) that Kaspersky would have one database to ensure a comprehensive data source, so "Premium support" would be no better off than regular "Customer support".
  2. The "World class experts" as per the Kaspersky claim must be on holidays.
  3. If there's a fix for a problem, everyone there should have access to it, although they don't seem to have one for the issue I and numerous others have, hence my desire to go back a few years and hope their software doesn't have the same bug.
  4. As for KIS 2019, current products like Premium do not use activation codes, so I'd have to confirm they'd work with current activation methods.

Hello @Morph000,

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

Your comments -> 1. 2. 3 -> we're thoroughly confused, the topic: 'Activating an out of range product', has been answered, none of 1. 2. & 3. comments  - seem to be related to anything that we can see anywhere in any of your comments in this topic, please clarify? 

4. Correct, the *new* generation of Kaspersky's software - IF purchased *online* from a Kaspersky website OR via a subscribers MyKaspersky account, a License code will be sent directly, to the subscribers MyKaspersky account & the subscription *activates* on the payment date, not the software install date. 

IF the subscriber purchases the *new* generation of Kaspersky's software from a shopfront OR a non-Kaspersky merchant - Activation codes are still issued. 

In respect to the KIS 2019 issue you raised, our advice has not changed, please seek the advice of  Kaspersky Customer Service. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
removed whitespace