Able to bypass Kaspersky Safe Kids browser

k80spalding

Am I the only one to find using the Safe Kids parental control system completely unintuitive?

Anyway, I have finally managed to set it up on my daughter’s ipad. As advised, I have disabled access to all other browsers and set up Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK) browser. I have restricted the sites I wish to be restricted.

HOWEVER, I can still access websites with no restrictions whatsoever once a website has been listed via the Google search engine in the KSK browser ie once I’ve searched for something in Google and clicked a link it has “www.google.com/?” in front of the linked web address in the address bar, with full visibility and functionality of the underlying linked website. Has no one else been able to hack through this way? We managed it by accident within one minute of setting up the app whilst testing to see how the blocking functioned.

We then restricted web access to certain sites at ISP level instead, and now we cannot access anything on the ipad via the KSK browser using Google (ie I need to know the exact web address for a site - I cannot search for anything).

I am someone with minimal technical know-how and would appreciate a more user-friendly walk through of how to set this up please.

Many thanks

Hello @k80spalding

Welcome!

1. Read before you create a new topic!
  2. IF you’re using KSK Premium or Free, not Trial, please log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in Application malfunction, Other template; support may request Logs & other data, they will guide you: 

Note: in iOS version, fill in your version, we’ve selected 14.x

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Resource: 

Monitor Internet use