I think kaspersky is blocking websites

Recently I am getting blocked from visiting websites due to certificate problems and I think it is Kaspersky that is doing this

It is Kaspersky Internet Security. I cannot find the version number anywhere from the kaspersky control panel

Is there a setting I can use to switch this off?

Many thanks

10 hours ago, 12345678abcdef said:

It is Kaspersky Internet Security. I cannot find the version number anywhere from the Kaspersky control panel

Hello @12345678abcdef

To find the version number, open the KIS application, select the head/headset icon (next to the Settings⚙icon), this opens the Support window, the Application version & patch(x), is shown on the 5th line, underneath the name of the software - image below; alternatively, another way, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About - no image

Thank you?
Flood?+?

app-ver.png

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added additional method to find version

4 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @12345678abcdef

To find the version number, open the KIS application, select the head/headset icon (next to the Settings⚙icon), this opens the Support window, the Application version & patch(x), is shown on the 5th line, underneath the name of the software - image below; alternat

Thanks for the information

I wonder why this is hidden. I would have expected this to be important information and displayed prominently on the control panel

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Berny said:

@12345678abcdef

Also, can you please post a screenshot from a Website blocked by Kaspersky.

Hi

Thanks for getting back

Unfortunately I cannot post a picture of the site because it blocks access

I am thinking that it could be due to the extremely poor broadband, (UK high speed fibre...... that comes on old twin copper and would make anyone in Asia burst out laughing at how slow it is!). I wonder if the data is being resolved efficiently and this causes the https certificate errors.

All I am looking for is if there is a setting so that I can turn this off

I do not even know what it would be called. "certificate checking"?

I do know that it trips up regularly on perfectly secure sites

Any tips or advice would be most welcome

Many thanks