Application Control Issue

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

Dear Support, I am trying to block Skype application (by default installed with Windows 10) using Application control. I have created condition using all Application registry and Executable files and even using metadeta with Application Name= Skype, but still somehow its not blocking it. I have also tried creating condition with SkypeApp.exe which is showing in the Task Manager but still its not blocking. Can you please guide on this. Thanks

Hi, Please, check the online course about Applications controlhttps://support.kaspersky.com/learning/courses/kl_102.104/chapter3_section2 So create a black list and add Skype Hash or from Skype release information from inventory task (see the online course). Best Regard
Thanks for the response. I am using meta deta as well as all collected Executable files of Skype for blocking of Skype, but still its not working. I dont want to use KL category for this because i just wanted to block Skype (which is installed by default). Thanks

Hamid Ali: which type of blocking are You meaning? execution blocking, installation blocking, block updating? I guess You mean W10 App? : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.46.60.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c\SkypeApp.exe C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.46.60.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c\SkypeBackgroundHost.exe I've added this 2 rules in KES11.1 and Skype W10 can't open (I got a fast flash but can't run):

Hamid Ali: which type of blocking are You meaning? block execution, block installation, block updating? I guess You mean W10 App? : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.46.60.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c\SkypeApp.exe C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.46.60.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c\SkypeBackgroundHost.exe
Dear Support, Thanks for the response. I need to block the execution and installation for Skype (which is installed in Windows By default). Thanks

• Solution
Hi again, I deleted my 2 previous rules (moving to UnTrusted), and this time I created rules via Application Control, and They are working here. I created the same rule for these 3 .exe: SkypeApp.exe SkypeBackgroundHost.exe SkypeBridge.exe Result: