songbill

Need to uninstall my KAV 2017 in order to install KAV 2018?

I had thought my 2017 KAV automatic updates were upgrading as well as always updating me to the latest version of KAV on my Windows 10 desktop PC. I realize now that this is not the case. When I right click on the small Kaspersky icon on my tray, it says my version is 17.0.0.611(I), which obviously is not KAV 2018. So I have been getting updates to KAV 2017 not KAV 2018.

I see that I can upgrade to KAV 2018 manually, by downloading and installing that version on my PC. My question is:  Now that I've downloaded KAV 2018 to the "Downloads" folder of my PC, must I uninstall my KAV 2017 before I run the "install" of KAV 2018? Can't the KAV 2018 install function just automatically install only those needed portions to get my KAV 2017 version upgraded to be KAV 2018?  If I must uninstall my KAV 2017 first, I'll do so but don't want to if KAV 2018 install function can be run without doing so. Couldn't find a clear answer to this question elsewhere.

Best practice is to uninstall kav2017 saving your activation code when doing so before clean installing kav2018.

Maybe you could wait till kav 2019 is released as it should be out soon...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.