Andrey Korochkin

Beta Testing Kaspersky Rescue Disk 2018

Testing System 2 (see signature) + KRD2018beta (via USB).

Laptop HP - Compaq HP Pavilion dv6-1410ss

1) Bootability of the image -> tried in a system standard BIOS (non UEFI), worked fine.

2) Network connection must be working correctly (both wired and wireless) -> wired connection detected/working fine, but WiFi integrated adapter of the laptop was not recognised (see attached hardware file info). I also tried (hot plugging) an external micro WiFi USB adapter and was detected/worked fine.

3) Mouse and touchpad working -> both working fine.

4) Installed Windows OSes detection -> The laptop has W10 Pro x64 FCU (fully updated) detected correctly.

5) Issues/Suggestions -> I also tried Windows UnLocker tool, and it found 1 thing, but it didn't show me what was detected, also didn't prompt me before delete it!!!!!!! :wacko::blink:<_< I think We should have a preview of the detections (as in old version) -_-, and prompt user to delete/discard the detections here. I think my W10 was clean, and I don't know what Windows UnLocker found/deleted, also it was not reflected neither in Reports nor in Quarantine...

6) Will continue testing KRD2018 cure/detections capabilities...

Hardware info: https://cloud.qainfo.ru/s/zgKSGN9cdHS6cbB

2 часа назад, harlan4096 сказал:

2) Network connection must be working correctly (both wired and wireless) -> wired connection detected/working fine, but WiFi integrated adapter of the laptop was not recognised (see attached hardware file info). I also tried (hot plugging) an external micro WiFi USB adapter and detected/worked fine.

Thank you for report!

[   15.800988] b43-phy0: Broadcom 4312 WLAN found (core revision 15)
[   15.820226] b43-phy0: Found PHY: Analog 6, Type 5 (LP), Revision 1
[   15.820241] b43-phy0: Found Radio: Manuf 0x17F, ID 0x2062, Revision 2, Version 0
[   15.830276] b43 ssb0:0: Direct firmware load for b43/ucode15.fw failed with error -2
[   15.830350] b43 ssb0:0: Direct firmware load for b43/ucode15.fw failed with error -2
[   15.830416] b43 ssb0:0: Direct firmware load for b43-open/ucode15.fw failed with error -2
[   15.830447] b43 ssb0:0: Direct firmware load for b43-open/ucode15.fw failed with error -2
[   15.830449] b43-phy0 ERROR: Firmware file "b43/ucode15.fw" not found
[   15.830450] b43-phy0 ERROR: Firmware file "b43-open/ucode15.fw" not found

We'll add firmware for Broadcom adapters in next beta release.

Hello!

New version of KRD-beta is ready!

Link is here (updated the first post too). 

Changes:

1. Fixed the issue with integrated WiFi adapter. @harlan4096 , thank you for report and recheck the issue with the latest build please.

2. The system was updated, 

3. For secure boot the additional steps are no longer required.

1. Fixed the issue with integrated WiFi adapter. @harlan4096 , thank you for report and recheck the issue with the latest build please.

Fixed, thanks!

Related to "Windows Unlocker" tool, in this new version I see a change in the good direction, but still there is no option to mark/unmark possible legit registry keys that will be deleted automatically by WU, also there are some registry keys without info (Load)...

Screen-shot: https://imgur.com/a/51XiZ

On 2/19/2018 at 3:24 PM, harlan4096 said:

Fixed, thanks!

Related to "Windows Unlocker" tool, in this new version I see a change in the good direction, but still there is no option to mark/unmark possible legit registry keys that will be deleted automatically by WU, also there are some registry keys without info (Load)...

Screen-shot: https://imgur.com/a/51XiZ

Please check that paths in reg keys exist on your system.

The utility might inform about not existing paths.

Hi!

The new build  of KRD Beta is ready !

What's new:

• Using ISO Image mode is now supported !
  • 64-bit processors in legacy BIOS-ах (if the proc supports 64-bit)
  • Bugfix and suggestions (from the forum too) 

Please, perform specific check of the ISO image mode support. 

image.png.be68bb6879a7cc44df790dc49ef28b61.png

p.s. updated FAQ and link at topic start.

Hi! 

New version of RescueDisk is available!

What's new:

1. Entering Release state - traces are turned off by default and encrypted
  2. Added privacy policy
  3. Fixed NTFS streams processing

KRD 18.0.10.0

Laptop Dell 7480

1) Bootability of the image -> UEFI, ok
2) Network connection must be working correctly (both wired and wireless) -> wifi (Intel 8265) ok, usb-c dock (Dell WD15) wired - ok
3) Mouse and touchpad working -> both ok
4) Installed Windows OSes detection -> n/a (hard drive OPAL-encrypted), ok

Laptop Dell E7470

1) Bootability of the image -> UEFI (SecureBoot), ok
2) Network connection must be working correctly (both wired and wireless) -> wifi (Intel 8260) - ok,  wired (Intel I219-LM) - ok
3) Mouse and touchpad working -> both ok
4) Installed Windows OSes detection -> ok