Hello,

I have had this problem with constant HD activity, even with Kaspersky unloaded or protection disabled. Nothing is open in windows and still, every few seconds it will read and write to the drive. I have completely scanned the computer and even dell scanned the computer remotely. There is nothing malacious on this computer.

I did not believe this was Kaspersky until finally, in fustration I uninstalled Kaspersky AV 7. The problem went away. So I reinstalled AV 7 and it's back. So I uninstalled it and the problem went away. I then went to your website and d/led the most recent version AV 2009 and accepted all the defaults and the never ending HD activity is back.

I have been very happy with your product (5 computer commerical licence) but now I have a problem. This HD activity has to stop. Not only is it very annoying, but the computers never go into power saving mode and it's putting excessive wear and tear on the HDs when they should be sleeping.

Please let me know if there is a way to do this, or I have to change to another AV program.

Thank you.

PS. AV 2009 seems to put a lot more load on the computer than 7. My screen updates are all noticably slower with 2009 than the previous versions of KAV. I do not believe an updated product should put more load on the system, in fact advances should include more efficient code resulting in less load. Are there some settings that will make the system more responsive?

Edited by matt621

Wow. Almost 24 hours and not a single response? I know someone saw it and moved it here.... not sure why but whatever.

I've been a good loyal customer for about 5 years. You'd think someone at Kaspersky would at least reply to this thread.

I am removing 2009 and going back to 7. While it has the same problem of constant HD activity this version does, it doesn't kill the performance of the computer quite as much, although it does kill the mouse movement pretty bad.

Edited by matt621

Okay, KAV removed from the computer, I found a better product. At least one that does not exhibit the problems KAV did. I will not be renewing our 5 licenses when they expire. I expected better support from Kaspersky than this. Very disappointed.

I'm also thinking of also removing kaspersky :P and getting something but i don't think there ain't any better detector than Kaspersky but Kaspersky's removing sucks hard....

Okay, KAV removed from the computer, I found a better product. At least one that does not exhibit the problems KAV did. I will not be renewing our 5 licenses when they expire. I expected better support from Kaspersky than this. Very disappointed.

Well, it seems you have already "solved" the problem by removing Kaspersky.

Anyway, I've uploaded your sysinfo to gsi parser. It seems you are infected, parser lists ntagent.web under infected files. Please try to clean this.

Also, it seems you have Windows LiveOneCare installed - remove this if you want to use KIS

Well, it seems you have already "solved" the problem by removing Kaspersky.

Anyway, I've uploaded your sysinfo to gsi parser. It seems you are infected, parser lists ntagent.web under infected files. Please try to clean this.

Also, it seems you have Windows LiveOneCare installed - remove this if you want to use KIS

My understanding is ntagent.web is part of the Lojack system for notebook recovery. It shows: by: Absolute Software Corp. - Installation/Management Application

That's a subscription we pay for. So that should be there.

I'm not using KIS, but was using KAV, so if I understand the situation, that should not be a problem.

I don't consider the problem "solved" when the "solution" is to remove the software/service we paid for to do a job, and now have to go out and spend more money to get a replacement for Kaspersky to do the job it was hired to do. If Kaspersky provided a refund, then I guess it would be "kinda solved."

My understanding is ntagent.web is part of the Lojack system for notebook recovery. It shows: by: Absolute Software Corp. - Installation/Management Application

That's a subscription we pay for. So that should be there.

I'm not using KIS, but was using KAV, so if I understand the situation, that should not be a problem.

I don't consider the problem "solved" when the "solution" is to remove the software/service we paid for to do a job, and now have to go out and spend more money to get a replacement for Kaspersky to do the job it was hired to do. If Kaspersky provided a refund, then I guess it would be "kinda solved."

OK, I see now you're using only Antivirus. But this doesn't change anything. You shouldn't use two or more antivirus software at the same time. Remove that OneCare, remove Kaspersky and then try to reinstall kaspersky.

I do not think onecare is actually running.

When following the directions at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910654

I got:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\master>esc config msfwhlpr start= disabled

'esc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\master>sc config msfwhlpr start= disabled

[sC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

C:\Documents and Settings\master>sc config msfwdrv start= disabled

C:\Documents and Settings\master>sc config msfwsvc start= disabled

C:\Documents and Settings\master>sc config mpfilter start= disabled

C:\Documents and Settings\master>sc config onecaremp start= disabled

C:\Documents and Settings\master>sc config winss start= disabled

C:\Documents and Settings\master>

As I understand it, Onecare is a paid subscription service and I"ve never paid for it, so I don't think it's actually active.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.