IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
>  My computer keeps rebooting!, Error: Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver
redroses
post 9.02.2006 23:10
Post #1

Group: Members

Could someone please help me? Since last week, I keep having problems with my desktop.
1. System reboots and the error message is Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver. (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293078)
2. System reboots and the error message is Page_Fault_In_Non-Paged_Area.
3. System hangs and Kapersky is using 100% CPU.
4. Dashes repeat in an infinite loop in any text box or text area.
5. Reboot sometimes causes Kapersky and Spyware Doctor's databases to become corrupt.
6. On some reboots, IE and/or Firefox fail. On some reboots, Outlook 2003 fails.

I followed all of the Microsoft suggestions. I updated my display drivers. I installed new memory. I installed a new video card. I downloaded the Kapersky patch for personal 5.0.391. I updated all of Microsoft's latest updates. None of these solutions worked. My computer is new. I bought it last month.

I bought a new laptop. I installed my copy of Kapersky on the new laptop. As soon as I downloaded and installed the updates for Kapersky, I started having the same problems as what is happening on my desktop. I recovered my laptop and tested it without Kapersky; there were no problems. I re-installed Kapersky; there were no problems. I downloaded and installed the updates for Kapersky again; immediately the reboot problems happened.

I've read through the forum and don't see anything about this. I'm going nuts with my desktop and laptop rebooting all the time!

Thanks,
Sharon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 9.02.2006 23:25
Post #2

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Hi redroses & welcome

Try to uninstall Kaspersky and during this you uncheck "Save NTFS streams for future use", click to remove them in the next window, finish the install and reboot.

Now do this:

You could try running the System File Checker (sfc.exe), this will scan all protected Windows files to verify their versions have not been overwritten or damaged, and if so will replace the compromised version with a fresh copy.

To run it, click Start/Run and type 'sfc.exe /scannow' (without the quotes but with the space between the 'e' and the '/').

Alternatively, you can click start/Run and type in CMD and click O.K., when the black window opens type in "sfc /scannow".

You will need to insert your Windows CD into the drive to enable sfc to effect the repair.

Next go to windows update and get the latest updates.

Run the KAV_Registry_Clean.zip.

Now install the trial of Regsupreme, run it (use normalmode only, not aggressive), when finished scanning you rightclick and select "All", then you click "Fix" at the bottom, it will ask you if you wish to make a backup and you do, just to be safe.

Reinstall Kaspersky 5.0.388 this way:

You will during the install encounter this window:

Here you uncheck both options, click next and proceed to the next window:

Here you uncheck both options, click next and finish the install as you would normally do.

Cross your fingers when updating the first time. wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RetupmocSoft
post 10.02.2006 19:08
Post #3

The same problem here about keep rebooting randomly.

My computer has been keeping rebooting randomly all the time after today's update.

When I complete uninstall KAV Persional 5.0.391, it seem all system go.

And I re-install KAV 5.0.391, no problem.

After I update latest from KAV server, the NIGHTMARE begin......KEEP REBOOTING RANDOMLY.

I'll try Don Pelotas's way to uncheck those two function.....
Thanks.

+Quote Post
Keith2468
post 11.02.2006 06:21
Post #4

Advanced Member I

I am wondering if the computer maker left another AV installed on the computer.

Or the maker may have installed it as part of their normal configuration of the new computers, and then used Add/Remove programs to remove it for you, before delivering it to you.

Have you checked for that?

a ) Check in Start; Programs for an AV product.

b ) Use Windows Explorer to check in C:\Program Files for a folder that has the name of the an AV product or an AV product vendor. Folder names Symantec, Norton, NAI, and McAfee would be most common.

If you find another AV, the steps to follow are in here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=5233

+Quote Post
Keith2468
post 11.02.2006 06:42
Post #5

Advanced Member I

Two people independently having a strange problem on the same day. Is it caused by one common cause, or two totally unrelated causes.

The only KAV related thing that applies to everyone today would be the hourly AV database updates.

If the problem is related to an update of KAV's AV database, then I would try cleaning out the AV database and re-loading it.

If there was a bad file on KL's server it must been fixed by now, since we don't have more reports of problems. If the file was corrupted in the download and install process, then these steps will delete the old file and force a new one to be installed.

These are the steps:

1. Print this out.

2. Shutdown all your applications.

3. Right-click on KAV and select to stop real-time protection until KAV re-starts.

4. In Windows Explorer go to the folder containing KAV's AV databases.

* In Windows XP this defaults to:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal\5.0\Bases
If you have to search for it, search for avp.klb or base005.avc.

* Hilight and delete everything in the Bases folder except the Patches folder and the avcmhk4.dll file.

6. Restart KAV.

7. Right-click on the KAV icon and select "Update AV database".

KAV will now download fresh copies of all the various AV databases. This might take 10 minutes minutes, even on a high-speed line.

8. Test out your computer to see if the problem has cleared.

If your problem doesn't go away, at least we ruled out corrupted databases as a possible cause.

Please let us know how it turns out.

+Quote Post
RetupmocSoft
post 11.02.2006 10:43
Post #6

Mmm....It seem disable "Network attack" and "iStream" will make computer stable running.

I using VMware 5.5 Workstation to simulation KAV keeping reboot randomly. (yesterday, 2006-Feb-10, about 22:00, GMT+8:00)

Here is the step.

1. Create new VMware Windows XP machine with 2GB HDD (not directly).

2. Connect CD-ROM within Windows XP SP2+ integrated.

3. after 20 min, whole-new Windows XP installed completely without any problem.

4. Windows Update to latest updates.

5. NO ANY APPLICATION inside Windows XP SP2+

6. install KAV 3.88 trial, Network Attack and iStream functions are ENABLED, then with my key, then reboot.

7. NO ANY PROBLEM with KAV 3.88 and super-old database.

8. updating database and module using KAV 3.88.

9. NIGHTMARE coming.....the super-new Windows XP with only-one application named "KAV 3.88 + latest database/module" become super-unstable, keeping rebooting randomly.

10. when VM booting, press F8 into Safey mode. and UNINSTALL KAV completed, including clear all of NTFS stream data.

11. rebooting VM to normal Windows XP, it seem stable.

12. install KAV 3.88 trial, "Network attack and iStream" are DISABLED,...

13. after rebooting, update KAV....

14. after rebooting, VM stable, can do any thing like real computer.

Test Over.

+Quote Post
uk4caster
post 13.02.2006 05:11
Post #7

I've had very similar experiences with'Blue Screen of Death' (BSOD) and rebooting after KAV plus KAH as part of System Mechanic Pro 6.0. The significant thing seems to be that it was installed on several pc's and all had similar problems. The BSOD errors that showed up on minidump files refer several times to HTTP.SYS. For the moment I've just uninstalled KAV and there seem no problems - I may try the reinstall without istreams and network settings (during reinstall) because I've had the experience of being unable to run anything once KAV was installed. The strange thing was that immediately after it was installed - no problems but after first BSOD it repeatedly did the same either during or soon after reboot...maybe it was an autoupdate that caused the problem?

+Quote Post
Sventax
post 13.02.2006 22:11
Post #8

Advanced Member III

Group: Gold beta testers

Hi,

is the xp an oem version??

Your faithfully

Sventax

--------------------
Ein Tag an dem man nicht lächelt, ist ein verlorener Tag !
===========
Charlie Chaplin

+Quote Post
uk4caster
post 13.02.2006 22:30
Post #9

QUOTE(uk4caster @ Feb 13 2006, 01:11 AM)
I've had very similar experiences with'Blue Screen of Death' (BSOD) and rebooting after KAV plus KAH as part of System Mechanic Pro 6.0. The significant thing seems to be that it was installed on several pc's and all had similar problems. The BSOD errors that showed up on minidump files refer several times to HTTP.SYS. For the moment I've just uninstalled KAV and there seem no problems - I may try the reinstall without istreams and network settings (during reinstall) because I've had the experience of being unable to run anything once KAV was installed.  The strange thing was that immediately after it was installed - no problems but after first BSOD it repeatedly did the same either during or soon after reboot...maybe it was an autoupdate that  caused the problem?

......An update ...OH NO the BSOD recurring reboot cycle mentioning HTTP.SYS started again! This time I've uninstalled KAH and so far so good...but thee same thing happened when I uninstalled KAV...system went from constant crashes on startup to stable for a couple of hours...then started crashing all over again...anyway fingers crossed but maybe I'm wrong in blaming Kapersky but on the other pc's I had running here it bwas very similar ...installed System Mechanic Pro v6 (with KAV and KAH) constant seemingly random crashes with BSOD....only resolved when I uninstalled all Kapersky...?! Any ideas?....BTW there were 3 desktops which showed same problem 2 running XP Pro, one XP Home, all have nvidia chipsets and graphis cards. Current problems are on a Dell XPS Gen 2 Inspiron laptop with newly reformatted hard drive, new windows xp pro install 2Gb RAM. I've checked RAM for faults as this was the first thing I thought might be causing it but no problems show with memtest86

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 13.02.2006 22:40
Post #10

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Your problem is with KAH, is the version in the System Mechanic Pro suite 1.7.130?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26.11.2014 11:34