Windows Event recorder (Vista) reports "Hash of a file is not valid" -

Most of the KAS (Total Security) modules -  specific example klbackupdisk.sys klif.sys has the subject note as to invalid hash when reviewed in the Event Viewer/Security Audit.  The actual program start (Total Security) has no error messages.   I have been experiencing Crashes for some time of untraceable cause, causal (ie. from hundreds of operations), from crash any time (hours to minutes) during all of my operations.  Attached is a snapshot of the Audit file in <eventvwr>.

Specifically though, are these files corrupted ?

If so, should I de-install KAS and re-install ?

===

O/S  Windows Vista 6.0 (Build 6002: SP2 X86

KAS Total Security 17.0.0.611(o)

<end>

Kaspersky snip of audit results.JPG

I do not know what to make of your reply, except:

a) I pay the $ to Kaspersky not MS and the version is provided by KAS for this machine and OS.  It updates regularly.

b) I am serious or I would not ask the question about these Kaspersky files.

c) Do you have a helpful comment as to the Event Log information ? 

My  comment is that Twitter etc. replies to serious questions with replies that contain more content.  lets try again.

Hike

Hello @Hike1645

Thank you for posting back & the information! 

1. Accepting that Windows Vista is no longer supported, (by MS & Kaspersky), if this issue needs analysis of logs, traces & other data, it may be a show stopper as that info cannot be shared in the Community, as long as that's clear, let's see what we can find out please.. 
  2. Do you mind confirming the KTS version & patch(x), x = letter -> on the Vista taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About OR open the KTS app, select the Support icon = Headset next to the Settings iconthe version & patch(x) info is available on the Support screen as well please?
  3. In KTS Reports, are there any events, at all, that may indicate Kaspersky issues? 
  4. When was the last time a clean install -> FULL uninstall of KTS, saving License information ONLY, not checking any other checkbox, was done? 
  5. Copy the Details of the Event to a text file, upload to cloud, post a share link so we can see the full details please? 

Please let us know?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

• 1 month later...