Windows 11 facial recognition login - webcam access

WIndows 11 version 22H2

Kaspersky Internet Security: 21.3.10.391 (j)

How do I set up the webcam access so it allows Windows 11 facial login only?

I have the webcam settings set to: block access to webcam for all applications

Which is how I want it except for the facial recognition login.

Please advise.

17 hours ago, austinadput said:

Windows 11 version 22H2, Kaspersky Internet Security: 21.3.10.391 (j)

?I have the webcam settings set to: block access to webcam for all applications?Which is how I want it except for the facial recognition login.

• How do I set up the webcam access, so it allows Windows 11 facial login only?

Hello @austinadput

Welcome!

1. (For our understanding) are you saying with 'Kasperskyblock access to webcam for all applications' enabled, Windows 11 facial recognition does not work? IF 'yes', what errors show - please post details? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
modified 1.

Hi Flood,

Yes, with 'Kaspersky, block access to webcam for all applications' enabled, Windows 11 facial recognition does not work.

On the logon screen I get a green Kaspersky popup badge that says "webcam access blocked"

It also says "couldn't turn on the camera" - just above the Windows password field.

Cheers.

12 hours ago, austinadput said:

Yes, with 'Kaspersky, block access to webcam for all applications' enabled, Windows 11 facial recognition does not work. On the logon screen I get a green Kaspersky popup badge that says "webcam access blocked". It also says "couldn't turn on the camera" - just above the Windows password field.

Hello @austinadput,

Thank you for posting back & the information!

We're unable to replicate the issue. 

1. Is the webcam in (your) computer the supported list: KIS 21, Supported web cameras
  2. Read: What to do if Kaspersky Internet Security blocks your web camera, how to allow application access to the webcam.
  3. Please log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource: 

About applications' access to the webcam