Windows 10 , VPN connection acts strange [Closed]

spalamas
Go to solution Solved by spalamas,

Hello, 

I had setup a VPN connection on Windows 10 which I was using fine. Since I installed Kaspersky Internet Security I could not connect to the VPN any more. 

I noticed this strange thing however. I tried to setup again the VPN connection with a different name. After I  completed the setup I pressed the “Connect” button on the windows VPN setup dialog. And it worked. From there I can connect normaly! 

WHen I press on the Network Icon on the taskbar and select from there to connect to the VPN the connection can not be establised? Any idea?

This works: 

This doesn’t work: 

Hello @spalamas,

Welcome!

Please tell us:

1 W10 version & build?

2 KIS version & patch(x)? 

Open KIS application, select 🎧 lower left hand corner of KIS application, Support window opens, 1 & 2  infomation can be found. 

3 In Windows Event viewer, are there any Ionio4 errors?

4 Is there any Ionio4 errors in Windows Network Troubleshooter history?

5 What network service is used: wifi, cable, adsl, broadband…. something else?

6 Please run & submit a GSI & Windows Logs

7 Source Ionio4 URL?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @spalamas,

Additional to my previous reply:

1. Delete/unpin the VPN from the Taskbar. 
  2. Run the VPN from the Windows Start menu Programs, if the VPN runs, re-add the VPN to the Taskbar.. Recheck?
  3. As well as the GSI & Windows Logs, export the KIS Report, select ALL events, 7days, save the report as a text file (*.txt), attach to your reply using the 📎 paperclip📎 icon?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• Solution

Hello! 

Thanks for your help. I followed your instructions and checked the Windows Event Log. It seems that when I connect to the VPN from the systray the DNS of my VPN provider canot be resolved! I pinged the provider and found its IP address, provided the IP address instead of the domain name on the configuration and now it works!