Why does Kaspersky have 3 different Digital Signatures, one that isn't even "ok"? [merged]

Go to solution Solved by BigHotStud,

I’m using Kaspersky Security Cloud Free and I’ve noticed that the program has 3 different digital signatures. 2 are from “Kaspersky Lab JSC” and both are “ok”, according to windows. But there’s also a third one just from “Kaspersky Lab”, which has something wrong with it’s root, or something.

Is this normal?

HI @BigHotStud,

I am checking avp.exe for Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, avp.exe has 3 digital signatures, all three are okay. It might be you are using an older version, where the third certificate has some discrepancy. But it is normal, nothing to worry about. 

This is my second install of KSC Free though. The first install also had the “Kaspersky Lab” signature as something wrong.

According to windows, the signature is bad because “A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate, which is not trusted by the trust provider.”

My KSC version is 21.3.10.391 (e), by the way.

P.S- For some reason Kaspersky SC doesn’t update to the newest patch. It only updates to the second newest one. Is this normal?

I have a problem with Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. When looking over any of the .exe files, it says there are 3 digital signatures. Two are from “Kaspersky Lab JSC” and are marked ‘ok’, one other is from Kaspersky Lab, which is bad. To quote windows, it’s bad because “A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate, which is not trusted by the trust provider”. 

My Kaspersky SC version is 21.3.10.391 (e).

P.S- For some reason Kaspersky SC doesn’t update to the newest patch. It only updates to the second newest one.

• Solution

I checked here, same issue, 3  digital signatures for avp.exe, one of them is not ok.

and I got the patch f

Asked around on reddit and turns out the third one is “not ok” because it’s issued by Kaspersky themselves. It’s fully normal, I think.

@BigHotStud

Thanks for posting back!

1. On the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About → take a screenprint & attach to your reply please? 
  2. Is the certificate screen where you see the certificate is not OK, the same as our 2nd image set → post a full screen screenprint please?

Image 1 →  Legend: 1 = hidden icons | 2 = Kaspersky icon | 3 = About | 4 = software name |  5 = version & patch(x)

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

@BigHotStud

Thanks for posting back!

1. On the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About → take a screenprint & attach to your reply please? 
  2. Is the certificate screen where you see the certificate is not OK, the same as our 2nd image set → post a full screen screenprint please?

Image 1 →  Legend: 1 = hidden icons | 2 = Kaspersky icon | 3 = About | 4 = software name |  5 = version & patch(x)

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Edit: you didn’t ask me, but I saw the same thing so I decided to post.

@BigHotStud & @givemeatip

The following is the advice given by Kaspersky experts when the issue was previously raised:

The “Kaspersky Lab” certificate is only used by the installation package and is already accepted by the package. The installation shall work fine even if the certificate is not trusted by the Windows system. We would like to share that no further action is required since the certificate signature works fine for the installation package.”

end quote

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

@BigHotStud

Thanks for posting back!

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Yes, the 2nd certificate is exactly what I see. Thanks for figuring out the issue for us.