why am i identified as a foreign visitor for a website in my city [Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection]

LSchnapf

Hello @LSchnapf

• Open KVPN app, see our first image → 1. will show the current remote virtual serverFastest defaults to Highest speed of VPN connection.  2. Select the tiny up & down arrows, to access all 34 remote virtual servers
  • Image 2, use the 3. Search field to find any location, server 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

when i try to access Crain’s website, I get the following message: 

The owner of this website (www.crainsnewyork.com) has banned your IP address (92.38.148.36)

what is this about? I tried to open my VPN icon to try to change location of server but it is not responding.

Hello @LSchnapf

Welcome back!

1. Sometimes web administrators block ips - especially known vpn hosts.  
  2. Have you tried all 5 USA servers? 
  3. IF you're unable to open KVPN, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KVPN icon, select Exit, then restart the KVPN

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 1 month later...

Floods & Berny,  I’m in the United States (West Coast ). I don’t pay much attention to the “Fastest” location for my premium KVPN unless I have difficult maintaining a connection, which occasionally happens. Then I switch to United States (Central).

My Google Activity recently shows a few sign-ins from United Kingdom, although they state “this may not be the correct location”.

Your thoughts on this, please?

Floods, thank you for your interest. Oops, I should have written that United Kingdom was listed in my Microsoft account activity. In the Kaspersky stats, I have six listings for April 10, all of them United States of America. In the Microsoft account, I have three listings, all of them United Kingdom.

Hmm, and on April 18th, the Kaspersky stats list only United States of America. The Microsoft activity lists Bermuda (U.K.) for this day.

United Kingdom was listed in my Microsoft account activity.

In the Kaspersky stats, I have six listings for April 10, all of them United States of America.

In the Microsoft account, I have three listings, all of them United Kingdom.

Hmm, and on April 18th, the Kaspersky stats list only United States of America.

The Microsoft activity lists Bermuda (U.K.) for this day.

Hello @Intra

Thanks for updating us👌

Please log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, use the template as in our image; Support may need Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you: 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋 

Hello Flood, will do. For the Traces, Logs & other data  -- I hope it can be recorded for several days as these out of region problems are new and I don’t know how often, or not, they will occur.

For the Traces, Logs & other data  -- I hope it can be recorded for several days as these out of region problems are new and I don’t know how often, or not, they will occur.

Hello @Intra

With the guidance of the technical team, you’ll be controlling the logs/traces/data capture; just be aware logs/traces/data can be big to very big to huge; the goal is to accurately replicate the issue in the shortest possible time. 

When the logs, traces, data is ready, if it’s too big to be uploaded in the Incident request, don’t use Webdav; upload to any secure cloud service of your choice & post the share link in the Incident.  

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Flood, 

After considering the two problems I referenced here + still having intermittent loss of KVPN on my Ipad (requiring me to manually select a different server location every hour or so), I decided to try a different security + VPN software package instead of starting a case with Kaspersky technical support. Ongoing alerts from Amazon that I was accessing my account from different foreign countries (sometimes displayed as my KVPN location but sometimes not) made me too nervous. I used Kaspersky support when I first started using it back in 2018, and getting resolution was a long and arduous process.  (Not recording and sending in the data -- that was easy enough.)

I uninstalled Kaspersky on all devices and have been using BitDefender for security & VPN for 10 days. In reviews, I read that BitDefender’s support was not good but fortunately none of the 3 problems have occured, and all seems to be operating smoothly. BitDefender’s scan found a few minor things that Kaspersky didn’t, including autoplay for flash drives and notification that password protected files I had forgotten about couldn’t be scanned.

The only thing I will miss about using Kaspersky is your help and Berny’s on this forum.

Thanks for everything!