Who gave you permission to put UltraAV on my computer?

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

2 minutes ago, dali_waverider said:

Thanks!  As my Kaspersky VPN has only 2 months remaining, I guess I will move to NordVPN now.  Not so easy for my Kaspersky Total Security, which has 34 months remaining.   What a burn.

Nord is solid. So use your Nord to keep updating/using your Kaspersky Plus for at least your remaining 34 months. I don't consider that a burn, but burn or no burn, it's been the new normal for at least a decade or more. Workarounds are always there, and most folks find and implement them without much effort or expense.

On 9/19/2024 at 11:25 AM, nexon said:

Hello, 

Welcome. 

To ensure safety it means Kaspersky is now replaced by ultra av in US. Because ban. 

And fully is automatic. I am sure you got a notification into mail or in program. 

On 9/23/2024 at 10:06 PM, Danila T. said:

Good afternoon, everyone!

Please pay attention to the forum rules: https://forum.kaspersky.com/guidelines/ 

I do not want UltraAV and replied back to the email I just received a few days ago announcing this.  I already signed up and installed Bitdefender as originally instructed back in July!  Why the last minute change?? I DO NOT WANT UltraAV installed on my computer.

1 minute ago, azturtle53 said:

error

On 9/19/2024 at 11:25 AM, nexon said:

Hello, 

Welcome. 

To ensure safety it means Kaspersky is now replaced by ultra av in US. Because ban. 

And fully is automatic. I am sure you got a notification into mail or in program. 

I do not want UltraAV and replied back to the email I just received a few days ago announcing this.  I already signed up and installed Bitdefender as originally instructed back in July!  Why the last minute change?? I DO NOT WANT UltraAV installed on my computer.

1 hour ago, azturtle53 said:

If you are in the USA and don't have Kaspersky installed, then UltraAV won't be pushed to your computer. Looks like you have BitDefender which would have required you to uninstall any other AV products.

So, it seems that an "India Startup" named UltraAV(eerily almost identical to UltraViewer, one of the Remote Desktop softwares that Indian scammers use to scam millions of dollars a month from unknowing scammees) buys the AV rights from an "untrusted entity" Kaspersky.  The scammers have most likely, in my opinion, 100-upped themselves and achieved access to ALL American Kaspersky customers information!!  Thank God i only used the free version and never do any banking or purchases from my desktop!!!  Welp, time to reinstall Windows 11 X-Lite and start over...