where are SMS commands in the Android anti-theft function?

Arminday

Hi. I read in the main website that you can use SMS commands to locate or wipe your phone remotely. That's a function that is very useful to me. But I can't find it in the app or on My Kaspersky for the life of me! The alarm/lock/wipe function only work when the device is connected to the internet. So is Kaspersky straight up lying about there being SMS commands for the Android anti-theft? Please help.

Hello @Arminday,

Welcome!

• ➡ Please post the urls that show  “use SMS commands to locate or wipe the phone remotely” ?

About Anti-Theft

• Anti-Theft protects your data against unauthorized access and helps locate your device if it is lost or stolen.

You can send commands to your device remotely via My Kaspersky

• Anti-Theft is turned off by default.
  • To send commands to your device remotely, turn on the Anti-Theft feature on your device.
  • If you don't turn on Anti-Theft before your device goes missing, you can't use it to locate or remotely control your device.

You can send commands from My Kaspersky to do the following:

• Lock the device and get its location.
  • Turn on a loud alarm on the device.
  • Perform a factory reset on the device, including wiping the memory card.
  • Take a mugshot of the person currently using the device.

Additionally you can set Anti-Theft to do the following:

Anti-Theft settings are protected by a screen lock.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

How to lock and locate a lost device using Kaspersky Internet Security for Android

How to enable the Lock & Locate command

How to send the Lock & Locate command via My Kaspersky

What else can I do to find my device?

How to make a mugshot from a lost device using Kaspersky Internet Security for Android

How to send the Mugshot command through My Kaspersky

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Ñear Koike said:
  1. Is this function still being deployed in 2024?

Hello @Ñear Koike

Welcome!

1. Yes, all options are available under Where is my Device 

Screenshot0.thumb.jpg.38f6a8b3e9ed8e9b9bd261dca01d39f7.jpg    Screenshot_20240212-101004_Kaspersky.thumb.jpg.50770060fbb0383e48e6abe423aaedda.jpg

USER_2024-02-12_103931.thumb.jpg.9234603093a971aaeb7fdcefab05e7d6.jpg

☢️WARNING - IF (you're) not familiar with how Where is my Device works - test MUGSHOT or ALARM first until you're comfortable with the app & NEVER select DISCONNECT - in (your) MyKaspersky account - you'll loose the ability to control the app & (your) phone☢️

2024 resources: 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added image

27 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Ñear Koike

Welcome!

1. Yes, all options are available under Where is my Device 

Screenshot0.thumb.jpg.38f6a8b3e9ed8e9b9bd261dca01d39f7.jpg    Screenshot_20240212-101004_Kaspersky.thumb.jpg.50770060fbb0383e48e6abe423aaedda.jpg

☢️WARNING - IF (you're) not familiar with how Where is my Device works - test MUGSHOT or ALARM first until you're comfortable with the app & NEVER select DISCONNECT - in (your) MyKaspersky account - you'll loose the ability to control the app & (your) phone☢️

2024 resources: 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I mean the SMS option I can't seem to find the instruction for SMS commandsI believe what you show me requires the device to be connected to the internet. I was looking for the function that only needs to read SMS. If the function is still available I would appreciate it if you would guide me! Thank you so much!

https://support.kaspersky.com/kisa/mr15/en-us/61373.htm I was trying to follow this old article

Edited by Ñear Koike
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ñear Koike said:

I mean the SMS option I can't seem to find the instruction for SMS commandsI believe what you show me requires the device to be connected to the internet. I was looking for the function that only needs to read SMS. If the function is still available I would appreciate it if you would guide me! Thank you so much!

Hello @Ñear Koike

Thank you for posting back & the additional question!

*SMS is not used*

1. Yes, the device *must* be connected to the internet, to (your) MyKaspersky account, controlling Where is my Device is done via (your) MyKaspersky account, select the Device tab, select the Anti-theft function (you) wish to activate:  

USER_2024-02-12_103931.thumb.jpg.3a065e1b723ad4f507a6435edf7d5e86.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋